Jerry Blevins League - Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. DESCRIPTION: The Gary Barnidge League on Fantasy Movie League ("Promotion") is a skill-based online game in which participants use their knowledge about the movie industry to obtain points, status and rank within the game community, and to earn entries into a random drawing for the chance to win the prizes described in Rule 5, below. The Promotion begins on December 5, 2016 at 5:00:00 p.m. Pacific Time and ends at 4:59:59 p.m. Pacific Time on February 27, 2017 (“Promotion Period”). The Promotion is sponsored and administered by Kinetoplay Inc (“Sponsor”). THE PROMOTION IS DESIGNED AS AND INTENDED TO BE A NON-GAMBLING PROMOTION and is intended for entertainment purposes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Washington, D.C. (D.C.), who are at least eighteen (18) years of age (at least 19 if a resident of AL or NE) at time of entry. Each participant must have Internet access as of the start of the Promotion Period. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and promotion and advertising agencies (collectively, “Promotion Entities”), and members of the immediate families or households of each of the above persons are not eligible to participate or win a prize in the Promotion. For purposes of the Promotion, "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not, and "Immediate Family Members" shall mean spouses, biological, adoptive or step-parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings, and legal guardians, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside. Promotion is void outside the 50 United States/D.C., in Maryland and Vermont, and where prohibited by law.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: You may participate in the Promotion through the Fantasy Movie League application on the game web site at http://www.fantasymovieleague.com/Blevins or by joining the same league via any of the Fantasy Movie League mobile applications. Once you have created an account, complied with all other on-screen entry instructions and participated in the Promotion you will be deemed an Entrant in the Promotion.
4. HOW TO PLAY: Fantasy Movie League is a fantasy sports-style weekend movie box office game, where Entrants use their knowledge and skill to pick which films will earn the most gross receipts. On a weekly basis, Entrants select films to feature on their own eight Fantasy Cineplex screens. Each movie available for selection has an FML Bux cost. Entrants must stay within a fixed weekly spending limit of $1,000 FML Bux.
In most weeks, there will be 15 movies available for selection. However, in some weeks where there is only one major release, a single movie will be broken down into three different showings (Friday Only, Saturday Only and Sunday Only) with each available as its own selection. In this case, a player's Cineplex will only earn the Box Office total for the individual day (e.g., If you put the Saturday Only showing in your Cineplex, you will earn the Box Office total for Saturday but not for Friday or Sunday).
The Promotion Period includes twelve (12) weekly game periods, the first of which begins on Monday, December 5, 2016 at 5:00:00 p.m. PT. With the exception of MLK Day Weekend (January 13-16, 2016) and Presidents' Day Weekend (February 17-20), each of the subsequent game weeks will begin at 5:00:00 p.m. PT on Monday and will conclude at 4:59:59 p.m. PT on the following Monday. During MLK Day Weekend and Presidents' Day Weekend, the game week will still begin at 5:00:00 p.m. PT on Monday (January 9 & February 13), but will conclude at 4:59:59 p.m. PT on Tuesday (January 16 & February 20).
Regardless of the week start or end day, entrants must finalize their Fantasy Cineplex screens by 9:00:00 a.m. PT on the Friday during the game week, which for the first week is December 9, 2016. Each week entrants will receive a Box Office Weekly Score, which is calculated by adding together the Weekend Earnings, as reported by BoxOffice.com, for each of the films entrants selected to fill their eight Fantasy Cineplex Screens. Weekend Earnings are defined as Friday through Sunday except for MLK Day Weekend and Presidents' Day Weekend, where the totals carry through to include Monday.
Additionally, any movie opening on Friday but offering a "sneak peek" or "preview" on Thursday will have that included in their total as well. If a movie opens on a Wednesday, the Wednesday and Thursday numbers are NOT included in the Weekend Earnings.
Entrants do not have to select movies for all eight of their Fantasy Cineplex screens and may strategically choose not to do so. However, each unused screen does incur a penalty of $2,000,000 that is deducted from the Entrant’s Box Office Weekly Score at the end of the week.
Entrants may revise their choices at any time prior to the Friday deadline. Movies that have been selected may be removed from Fantasy Cineplex screens and new movies added, so long as the Entrant’s budget does not exceed $1,000 FML Bux at any point. However, time of submission will be used to break any weekly scoring ties, with the earliest time getting preference.
If a player does not select any movies for their Cineplex, all movies from the prior week that are available in the current week will automatically be carried over - the lowest priced movies will be dropped in the event that the prior week's lineup would exceed the $1000 FML Bux limit using the current week's prices.
For Entrant’s playing multiple weeks, each Box Office Weekly Score will be added to any previous weekly scores to create a Box Office Total Score. The Box Office Total Score accumulated during the Promotion Period will be used for ranking purposes and determining the winners at the end of the Promotion Period.
In addition to participating in The Jerry Blevins League, all Entrants will also automatically compete against all other general Fantasy Movie League players and may also choose to compete in or create additional Leagues.
At the end of each week during the Promotion Period, all Entrants will be awarded one Golden Ticket for every $1,000,000 in their Box Office Weekly Score.
In addition, any Entrant competing in The Gary Barnidge League is eligible to earn the following Golden Ticket bonuses, which will be added to the general Fantasy Movie League Golden Ticket pool:
- Box Office Weekly Score Winner: 50 Golden Tickets
- Box Office Total Score Winner: 1000 Golden Tickets
At the end of each week during the Promotion Period, Entrants will also be awarded incremental Golden Tickets for selecting:
- Weekly Best Performer (highest Box Office per FML Buck): 2 Golden Tickets
- Weekly Perfect Lineup (highest possible Box Office Weekly Score): 500 Golden Tickets
Regardless of how they were earned, all Golden Tickets accrued during the Promotion Period are entered into a prize drawing. Prizes will then be awarded as described in Rules 5 and 6 of the Fantasy Movie League Official Contest Rules. Entrants may earn an unlimited number of Golden Tickets during the Promotion Period, but they do not carry over from one Promotion Period to the next.
5. PRIZES/SELECTION OF WINNERS: There will be one (1) Highest Box Office Total Score Prize awarded at the conclusion of the Promotion Period, as follows:
Highest Box Office Total Score Prize: At the conclusion of the Promotion Period, the one (1) Entrant with the highest Box Office Total Score will receive a baseball that has been hand signed by Jerry Blevins. If two or more Entrants have the exact same Box Office Total Score at the conclusion of the Promotion Period they will become finalists and one (1) winner will be selected from the finalists by a random draw. The Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of this prize is $75.
The total prize value for this contest is $75.00.
In the event of a dispute over the identity of the Entrant, the prize will be awarded to the owner of the email used to register the Fantasy Movie League account.
All winners are responsible for any and all federal, state and/or local income taxes and any other costs or expenses resulting from acceptance of the prize. Winners receiving prizes valued greater than $600 may have to submit a validly executed IRS Form W-9 to claim their prize and may receive an IRS form 1099 in January 2018. Winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. No prize substitution or cash redemption is allowed except at the discretion of Sponsor or as provided herein. If the above-described prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor or Prize Provider, a substitute prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. If the prize is awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by the selected Entrant in accordance with these Rules, then the prize may be awarded, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to an alternate potential winner.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION & PRIZE FULFILLMENT: Each eligible Entrant who is selected to win a prize (the “Potential Winner”) will be notified via the email address provided during account registration within the Fantasy Movie League application. It is the responsibility of each Entrant to ensure that the information provided within the application, including but not limited to the Entrant’s email address, is accurate and current. This information will be used to determine eligibility for winning the prize as well as for fulfillment of the prize.
The Sponsor shall have no liability for any such notification that is lost, intercepted or otherwise not received by the selected Potential Winner for any reason. The Potential Winner will be required to respond as directed to the notification within seventy-two (72) hours of the first attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize. Winner will be required to verify eligibility. Prize will not be awarded until the eligibility of the Potential Winner is confirmed.
7. OTHER CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters relating to the Promotion, including but not limited to the determination that an Entrant has qualified to receive a Ticket in the Promotion. By participating in the Promotion and/or by accepting any prize that s/he may win, each Entrant agrees to release and indemnify the Promotion Entities, each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, and the respective successors, representatives and assigns of each such individual or company (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any and all actions, claims, injuries, losses or damages arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from or in connection with participation in this Promotion and/or acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize (if applicable). By participating, each Entrant authorizes the Sponsor and Promotion Entities and their assigns to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in commerce or in any advertising or promotional material in any media worldwide,, throughout the universe in perpetuity, without compensation, limitation or further notice unless prohibited by law.
By entering the Promotion, Entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Promotion, but in no event will Entrants attorneys fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) to the extent allowed by law, under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain any award for; and each Entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than actual out of pocket expenses, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries or communications, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or errors in the transmission, receipt or processing of any entries; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entries or other Promotion materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, or from participation in the Promotion; (v) an Entrants claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light; (vi) any printing, typographical, human, administrative, technological or other errors in any materials associated with the Promotion or in the transmission, receipt or processing of any entries or the announcement of the winner;(vii) cheating or fraud by any participant; or (viii) the incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or the failure to capture any such information, whether caused by Entrants or by the equipment utilized in the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion (or any portion of the Promotion) should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated prior to the advertised end date, Sponsor will select the winner from among the eligible, non-suspect Tickets earned prior to the time/date of termination. Sponsor may prohibit you from participating in the Promotion or winning the prize if, in its sole discretion, Sponsor determines you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair or illegal playing practices, or are intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor and/or its representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE APPLICATION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. GOVERNING LAW: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR THE SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY SUBMISSION OR OTHER MATERIAL SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATES LAWS. THE INVALIDITY OR UNENFORCEABILITY OF ANY PROVISION OF THESE RULES SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY OTHER PROVISION. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY PROVISION IS DETERMINED TO BE INVALID OR OTHERWISE UNENFORCEABLE OR ILLEGAL, THESE RULES SHALL OTHERWISE REMAIN IN EFFECT AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR TERMS AS IF THE INVALID OR ILLEGAL PROVISION WERE NOT CONTAINED HEREIN.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE PROMOTION ENTITIES, ITS WEB MASTERS/SUPPLIERS, VENDORS, CONTRACTORS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF AN ENTRANTS PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE PRIZE, THE PROMOTION AND THE APPLICATION ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE SPONSOR HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. SPONSOR: Kinetoplay Inc., 5042 Wilshire Boulevard, #336, Los Angeles, CA 90036.
11. NAME OF WINNER/RULE REQUESTS: For the names of the prize winners, available after May 1, 2017, or a copy of these Official Rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope with a note detailing your specific request to: Kinetoplay Inc., Jerry Blevins League Contest Winner and/or Jerry Blevins League Official Rules (as applicable), 5042 Wilshire Boulevard, #336, Los Angeles, CA 90036 (VT Residents may omit return postage for rules requests).
12.Any questions, comments or complaints relating to the Promotion must be directed to Sponsor only.