Fantasy Movie League - Weekly Prize Promotion Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. DESCRIPTION: The Fantasy Movie League Weekly Prize Promotion ("Weekly Promotion") is a skill-based online game in which participants use their knowledge about the movie industry to obtain points, status, rank and prizing within the game community. The Weekly Promotion for the month of June 2018 begins on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 5:00:00 PM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends at 4:59:59 PM PT on Monday, July 2, 2018 (“Promotion Period”). The Weekly Promotion is sponsored and administered solely by National CineMedia, LLC (“Sponsor”). THE WEEKLY PROMOTION IS DESIGNED AS AND INTENDED TO BE A NON-GAMBLING PROMOTION and is intended for entertainment purposes. Apple Inc. is in no way involved in this contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Weekly Promotion is open to all participants who complete registration before 9:00:00 AM PT on the Friday of each game week. Participants must also be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia (excluding Maryland and Vermont), who are at least eighteen (18) years of age (or the age of majority under applicable law) at time of entry. Each participant must have Internet access as of the start of the Promotion Period. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies (including Regal Entertainment Group, Cinemark USA, Inc., AMC Entertainment Inc. or any other affiliated theatres), subsidiaries, agents (collectively, “Promotion Entities”), and each of their respective Immediate Family Members and Household Members are not eligible to participate or win a prize in the Weekly Promotion. For purposes of the Weekly Promotion, "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not, and "Immediate Family Members" shall mean spouses, biological, adoptive or step-parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings, and legal guardians, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside. Weekly Promotion is void where prohibited by law.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: You may participate in the Weekly Promotion through the Fantasy Movie League application on the game website at http://www.fantasymovieleague.com or via any of the Fantasy Movie League mobile applications. Once you have created an account, complied with all other on-screen entry instructions and participated in the Weekly Promotion you will be deemed an entrant in the Weekly Promotion.
4. HOW TO PLAY: Fantasy Movie League is a fantasy sports-style weekend movie box office game where entrants use their knowledge and skill to pick which films will earn the most gross receipts. On a weekly basis entrants select films to feature on their own eight Fantasy Cineplex screens. Each movie available for selection has an associated FML Bux cost. Entrants must stay within a fixed spending limit of $1,000 FML Bux.
In most weeks, there will be 15 movies available for selection. However, in some weeks where there is only one major release, a single movie will be broken down into multiple different showings (Friday Only, Saturday Only, Sunday Only, Monday Only, Saturday & Sunday Only, etc.) with each available as its own selection. In this case, a player's Cineplex will only earn the box office total for the individual day (for example, if you put the Saturday Only showing in your Cineplex, you will earn the box office total for Saturday but not for Friday or Sunday).
In addition, some weeks will have a "Best of the Rest" selection available. When featured, this will act as a wild card that will eventually be swapped out for the highest grossing film not available for individual selection in that week. The final determination on which film is the "Best of the Rest" will be made once final box office earnings are released and will be based on data available from BoxOffice.com.
The actual box office earnings of each movie in the entrant’s Fantasy Cineplex is added to their score for that week.
With the exception of four Holiday Weekends (Memorial Day, Labor Day, MLK Day & Presidents Day) and occasional Special Weekends (e.g., any year where Christmas Day happens to fall on a Monday), each game week will begin at 5:00:00 PM PT on Monday and will conclude at 4:59:59 PM PT on the following Monday. During the Holiday and Special Weekends, each game week will begin at 5:00:00 PM PT on Monday and will conclude at 4:59:59 PM PT on the following Tuesday, with the next game week then beginning at 5:00:00 PM PT.
Regardless of the week start or end day, entrants must finalize their Fantasy Cineplex screens by 9:00:00 AM PT on the Friday during the game week. Each week entrants will receive a box office weekly score, which is calculated by adding together the weekend earnings, as reported by BoxOffice.com, for each of the films entrants selected to fill their eight Fantasy Cineplex screens.
Weekend earnings are calculated as Friday through Sunday, except for Holiday and Special Weekends, where the totals carry through until Monday. Additionally, any movie opening on Friday but offering "sneak peek" or "previews" on Thursday will have the latter included in their total as well. If a movie opens on a Wednesday, the Wednesday and Thursday numbers are NOT included in the Weekend total.
Entrants do not have to select movies for all eight of their Fantasy Cineplex screens and may strategically choose not to do so. However each unused screen does incur a penalty of $2,000,000 that is deducted from the entrant's box office weekly score at the end of the week.
Entrants may revise their choices at any time prior to the Friday deadline. Movies that have been selected may be removed from Fantasy Cineplex screens and new movies added, so long as the entrant's budget does not exceed $1,000 FML Bux. However, the time of final submission will be used as the secondary method to break any ties, with the earliest time getting preference.
If a player does not select any movies for their Cineplex, all movies from the prior week that are available in the current week will automatically be carried over - the lowest priced movies will be dropped in the event that the prior week's lineup would exceed the $1,000 FML Bux limit using the current week's prices.
Each week, entrants will receive a box office weekly score that is calculated by adding together the weekend earnings as reported by BoxOffice.com for each of the films selected to fill their eight Fantasy Cineplex screens.
Any tie in weekly scoring will be broken based on a three-tier tiebreaker system. The first method used is the value submitted for the FML Tiebreaker during weekly lineup submission (the user closest to the total domestic box office gross of the highest priced movie of the week will be declared the winner). If users are still deadlocked after the FML Tiebreaker, then time of final Cineplex submission will be used to break any ties, with the earliest time getting preference. If users are still tied at that point, a coin flip will be used to determine the winner.
Entrants may compete against all other Fantasy Movie League players on a stand-alone basis, or may also choose to compete in or create a league.
5. PRIZES/SELECTION OF WINNERS: At the conclusion of each week of the Promotion Period, the one (1) entrant with the highest total box office score in the overall "FML League" will receive:
- Weekend of June 1 to June 3: A Hoosiers poster signed by Gene Hackman, a Slap Shot puck signed by the Hanson Brothers (David Hanson, Steve Carlson & Jeff Carlson), and a custom designed Fantasy Movie League T-Shirt. The ARV of this prize is $500.
- Weekend of June 8 to June 10: An Ocean's 11 photo signed by George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Matt Damon, and a custom designed Fantasy Movie League T-Shirt. The ARV of this prize is $1050.
- Weekend of June 15 to June 17: A Chevy Chase signed Caddyshack poster and a custom designed Fantasy Movie League T-Shirt. The ARV of this prize is $1200.
- Weekend of June 22 to June 24: A cast signed Jurassic World poster (Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Vincent D'Onofrio, Jake Johnson, Omar Sy, Judy Greer & BD Wong) and a custom designed Fantasy Movie League T-Shirt. The ARV of this prize is $1450.
- Weekend of June 29 to July 1: A Dances With Wolves photo signed by Kevin Costner and a custom designed Fantasy Movie League T-Shirt. The ARV of this prize is $450.
In addition, at the conclusion of each week of the Promotion Period, the four (4) entrants with the next four highest total box office scores in the "FML League" will each receive a custom designed Fantasy Movie League T-Shirt. The ARV of each individual prize is $17.
All entrants are only eligible to win one Weekly Promotion prize during any given week of the Promotion Period. Should an entrant be selected to win more than one prize, they will automatically be awarded the prize with the higher ARV and an alternate winner will be selected for the non-awarded prize.
In the event of a dispute over the identity of the entrant, the prize will be awarded to the owner of the email used to register the Fantasy Movie League account.
All winners are responsible for any and all federal, state and/or local income taxes and any other costs or expenses resulting from acceptance of the prize. Winners receiving prizes valued greater than $600 may have to submit a validly executed IRS Form W-9 to claim their prize and may receive an IRS form 1099. Winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. No prize substitution or cash redemption is allowed except at the discretion of Sponsor or as provided herein. If the above-described prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. If the prize is awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by the selected entrant in accordance with these Rules, then the prize may be awarded, in Sponsor's sole discretion, to an alternate potential winner.
Promotion Entities make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Weekly Promotion. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND PROMOTION ENTITIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION & PRIZE FULFILLMENT: Each eligible entrant who is selected to win a prize (the "Potential Winner") will be notified via the email address provided during account registration within the Fantasy Movie League application. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that the information provided within the application, including but not limited to the entrant's email address, is accurate and current. This information will be used to determine eligibility for winning the prize as well as for fulfillment of the prize.
The Sponsor shall have no liability for any such notification that is lost, intercepted or otherwise not received by the selected Potential Winner for any reason. The Potential Winner will be required to respond as directed to the notification within seventy-two (72) hours of first attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize. The Potential Winner will be required to verify eligibility. Prize will not be awarded until the eligibility of the Potential Winner is confirmed.
7. OTHER CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: The Weekly Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By participating, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters relating to the Weekly Promotion. By participating in the Weekly Promotion and/or by accepting any prize that s/he may win, each entrant agrees to release and indemnify the Promotion Entities, the prize supplier(s), each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, and the respective successors, representatives and assigns of each such individual or company (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any and all actions, claims, injuries, losses or damages arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from or in connection with participation in this Weekly Promotion and/or acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize (if applicable). By participating, each entrant authorizes the Sponsor and its designees to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in commerce or in any advertising or promotional material in any media worldwide, throughout the universe in perpetuity, without compensation, limitation or further notice unless prohibited by law.
By entering the Weekly Promotion, entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Weekly Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Weekly Promotion, but in no event will entrants attorneys fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) to the extent allowed by law, under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and each entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than actual out of pocket expenses, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries or communications, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or errors in the transmission, receipt or processing of any entries; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entries or other Weekly Promotion materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, or from participation in the Weekly Promotion; (v) an entrant's claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light; (vi) any printing, typographical, human, administrative, technological or other errors in any materials associated with the Weekly Promotion or in the transmission, receipt or processing of any entries or the announcement of the winner; (vii) cheating or fraud by any participant; or (viii) the incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or the failure to capture any such information, whether caused by entrant or by the equipment utilized in the Weekly Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Weekly Promotion (or any portion of the Weekly Promotion) should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Weekly Promotion. If the Weekly Promotion is terminated prior to the advertised end date, Sponsor will select the winner from among the eligible, non-suspect Tickets earned prior to the time/date of termination. Sponsor may prohibit you from participating in the Weekly Promotion or winning the prize if, in its sole discretion, Sponsor determines you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Weekly Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair or illegal playing practices, or are intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor and/or its representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE APPLICATION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE WEEKLY PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE WEEKLY PROMOTION. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. GOVERNING LAW: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR THE SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEEKLY PROMOTION OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY SUBMISSION OR OTHER MATERIAL SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEEKLY PROMOTION, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF COLORADO WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE LAWS. THE INVALIDITY OR UNENFORCEABILITY OF ANY PROVISION OF THESE RULES SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY OTHER PROVISION. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY PROVISION IS DETERMINED TO BE INVALID OR OTHERWISE UNENFORCEABLE OR ILLEGAL, THESE RULES SHALL OTHERWISE REMAIN IN EFFECT AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR TERMS AS IF THE INVALID OR ILLEGAL PROVISION WERE NOT CONTAINED HEREIN.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE PROMOTION ENTITIES, ITS WEB MASTERS/SUPPLIERS, VENDORS, CONTRACTORS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF AN ENTRANT'S PARTICIPATION IN THE WEEKLY PROMOTION. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE PRIZE, THE WEEKLY PROMOTION AND THE APPLICATION ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE SPONSOR HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. SPONSOR: National CineMedia, LLC, 9110 E. Nichols Avenue, Suite 200, Centennial, CO 80112. PRIZE PROVIDER: MovieTickets.com, Inc., 2255 Glades Road., Suite 100E, Boca Raton, FL, 33431. PRIZE PROVIDER: 500 LEVEL, 4221 Freidrich Lane, Unit 130, Austin, TX 78744.
11. NAME OF WINNER/RULE REQUESTS: For the names of the prize winners, available after September 1, 2018, or a copy of these Official Rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope with a note detailing your specific request to: National CineMedia, LLC, FML Weekly Promotion Winner and/or FML Official Rules (as applicable), 9110 E. Nichols Avenue, Suite 200, Centennial, CO 80112 (VT Residents may omit return postage for rules requests).
12. Any questions, comments or complaints relating to the Weekly Promotion must be directed to Sponsor only.