Fantasy Movie League Prize Promotion Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. DESCRIPTION: The Fantasy Movie League Prize Promotion ("Promotion") is a skill-based online game in which participants use their knowledge about the movie industry to obtain points, status and rank within the game community, and to earn entries into a random drawing for the chance to win the prizes described in Rule 5, below. The current Promotion begins on November 28, 2016 at 5:00:00 p.m. Pacific Time and ends at 4:59:59 p.m. Pacific Time on February 27, 2016 (Promotion Period). The Promotion is sponsored and administered solely by Kinetoplay Inc. (Sponsor). THE PROMOTION IS DESIGNED AS AND INTENDED TO BE A NON-GAMBLING PROMOTION and is intended for entertainment purposes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Washington, D.C. (D.C.), who are at least eighteen (18) years of age (at least 19 if a resident of AL or NE) at time of entry. Each participant must have Internet access as of the start of the Promotion period. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of Sponsor and its parent company, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and promotion and advertising agencies (collectively, Promotion Entities), and members of the immediate families or households of each of the above persons are not eligible to participate or win a prize in the Promotion. For purposes of the Promotion, "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not, and "Immediate Family Members" shall mean spouses, biological, adoptive or step-parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings, and legal guardians, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside. Promotion is void outside the 50 United States/D.C., in Maryland and Vermont, and where prohibited by law.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: You may participate in the Promotion through the Fantasy Movie League application on the game web site at http://www.fantasymovieleague.com or via any of the Fantasy Movie League mobile applications. Once you have created an account, complied with all other on-screen entry instructions and participated in the Promotion you will be deemed an Entrant in the Promotion.
4. HOW TO PLAY: Fantasy Movie League is a fantasy sports-style weekend movie box office game, where Entrants use their knowledge and skill to pick which films will earn the most gross receipts. On a weekly basis, Entrants select films to feature on their own eight Fantasy Cineplex screens. Each movie available for selection has an FML Bux cost. Entrants must stay within a fixed spending limit of $1,000 FML Bux.
In most weeks, there will be 15 movies available for selection. However, in some weeks where there is only one major release, a single movie will be broken down into three different showings (Friday Only, Saturday Only and Sunday Only) with each available as its own selection. In this case, a player's Cineplex will only earn the Box Office total for the individual day (e.g., If you put the Saturday Only showing in your Cineplex, you will earn the Box Office total for Saturday but not for Friday or Sunday).
The actual box office earnings of each movie in the Entrants Fantasy Cineplex is added to their score for that week. The total of all weeks during a Season are accumulated for ranking purposes at the end of the Season.
With the exception of four Holiday Weekends (Memorial Day, Labor Day, MLK Day & Presidents Day), each game week will begin at 5:00:00PM PT on Monday and will conclude at 4:59:59PM PT on the following Monday. During the four Holiday Weekends, each game week will begin at 5:00:00PM PT on Monday and will conclude at 4:59:59PM PT on the following Tuesday.
Regardless of the week start day, entrants must finalize their Fantasy Cineplex screens by 9:00:00 AM PT on the Friday during the game week. Each week entrants will receive a Box Office Weekly Score, which is calculated by adding together the Weekend Earnings, as reported by BoxOffice.com, for each of the films entrants selected to fill their eight Fantasy Cineplex Screens. Typically, Weekend Earnings are calculated as Friday through Sunday except for Holiday Weekends (Memorial Day, Labor Day, MLK Day & Presidents Day), where the totals carry through until Monday.
Additionally, any movie opening on Friday but offering "sneak peek" or "previews" on Thursday will have the latter included in their total as well. If a movie opens on a Wednesday, the Wednesday and Thursday numbers are NOT included in the Weekend total.
Entrants do not have to select movies for all eight of their Fantasy Cineplex screens and may strategically choose not to do so. However each unused screen does incur a penalty of $2,000,000 that is deducted from the Entrant's Box Office Weekly Score at the end of the week.
Entrants may revise their choices at any time prior to the Friday deadline. Movies that have been selected may be removed from Fantasy Cineplex screens and new movies added, so long as the Entrant's budget does not exceed $1,000 FML Bux. However, time of submission will be used to break any ties, with the earliest time getting preference.
If a player does not select any movies for their Cineplex, all movies from the prior week that are available in the current week will automatically be carried over - the lowest priced movies will be dropped in the event that the prior week's lineup would exceed the $1000 FML Bux limit using the current week's prices.
Each week, Entrants will receive a Box Office Weekly Score that is calculated by adding together the Weekend Earnings as reported by BoxOffice.com for each of the films selected to fill their eight Fantasy Cineplex Screens.
Entrants may compete against all other Fantasy Movie League players on a stand-alone basis, or may also choose to compete in or create a League.
At the end of each week during the Promotion Period, all Entrants will be awarded one Golden Ticket for every $1,000,000 in their Box Office Weekly Score.
In addition, any Entrant competing in a League is eligible to earn the following Golden Ticket bonuses:
- Box Office Weekly Score Winner: 50 Golden Tickets
- Box Office Total Score Winner: 1000 Golden Tickets
At the end of each week during the Promotion Period, Entrants will also be awarded incremental Golden Tickets for selecting:
- Weekly Best Performer (highest Box Office per FML Buck): 2 Golden Tickets
- Weekly Perfect Lineup (highest possible Box Office Weekly Score): 500 Golden Tickets
Regardless of how they were earned, all Golden Tickets accrued during a game week are entered into the prize drawing for that week. Similarly at the end of the Season, all Golden Tickets accrued during the Season are entered into another prize drawing. Prizes will then be awarded as described in Rules 5 and 6 below. Entrants may earn an unlimited number of Golden Tickets during the Promotion Period and/or Season, but they do not carry over from one Promotion Period and/or Season to the next
5. PRIZES/SELECTION OF WINNERS: There will be one (1) Weekly Golden Ticket Prize, one (1) Weekly High Score Prize, three (3) Season Golden Ticket Prizes, thirteen (13) Season High Score Prizes and one (1) Second Half League Prize awarded during the Promotion Period, as follows:
Weekly Golden Ticket Prize: One (1) Ticket earned during the course of each week of the Promotion Period in the manner described in Rule 4 above will be chosen at random from among all eligible Tickets, and the Entrant to whom that Ticket corresponds will receive one custom designed Fantasy Movie League T-Shirt from our shirt prize sponsor, 500 LEVEL. The Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each weekly prize is $30.
Weekly High Score Prize: The Entrant earning the highest total Box Office score during each week of the Promotion Period in the manner described in Rule 4 above will receive a $100 gift card from MovieTickets.com. The Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each weekly prize is $100.
Season Golden Ticket Prize: Three (3) Tickets earned during the course of the Promotion Period in the manner described in Rule 4 above will be chosen at random from among all eligible Tickets, and the Entrants to whom those Tickets correspond will each receive a $100 gift card from MovieTickets.com. The Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each season prize is $100.
Season High Score Prize: The Entrant in each "Week X Starters" league with the highest total Box Office score during the course of the Promotion Period will receive: Free Movies For One Year - defined as one $12.50 ticket per week for 52 weeks (Week 1), $100 gift card from MovieTickets.com (Weeks 2 thru 5), $50 gift card from MovieTickets.com (Weeks 6 thru 9) and one custom designed Fantasy Movie League T-Shirt (Weeks 10 thru 13). The Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of this prize is $650 in Week 1, $100 in Weeks 2 thru 5, $50 in Weeks 6 thru 9 and $30 in Weeks 10 thru 13.
Second Half League: The Entrant in the Second Half Public League with the highest total Box Office score during the final seven (7) weeks of the will receive a $250 gift card from MovieTickets.com. The Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of this prize is $250.
All Entrants are only eligible to win one Season Prize during any given Promotion Period. Should an Entrant be selected to win more than one prize, they will automatically be awarded the prize with the higher ARV and an alternate winner will be selected for the non-awarded prize.
In the event of a dispute over the identity of the Entrant, the prize will be awarded to the owner of the email used to register the Fantasy Movie League account.
All winners are responsible for any and all federal, state and/or local income taxes and any other costs or expenses resulting from acceptance of the prize. Winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. No prize substitution or cash redemption is allowed except at the discretion of Sponsor or as provided herein. If the above-described prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. If the prize is awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by the selected Entrant in accordance with these Rules, then the prize may be awarded, in Sponsor's sole discretion, to an alternate potential winner.
Promotion Entities makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND PROMOTION ENTITIES HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION & PRIZE FULFILLMENT: Each eligible Entrant who is selected to win a prize (the "Potential Winner") will be notified via the email address provided during account registration within the Fantasy Movie League application. It is the responsibility of each Entrant to ensure that the information provided within the application, including but not limited to the Entrant's email address, is accurate and current. This information will be used to determine eligibility for winning the prize as well as for fulfillment of the prize.
The Sponsor shall have no liability for any such notification that is lost, intercepted or otherwise not received by the selected Potential Winner for any reason. The Potential Winner will be required to respond as directed to the notification within seventy-two (72) hours of first attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize. Winner will be required to verify eligibility. Prize will not be awarded until the eligibility of the Potential Winner is confirmed.
7. OTHER CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters relating to the Promotion, including but not limited to the determination that an Entrant has qualified to receive a Ticket in the Promotion. By participating in the Promotion and/or by accepting any prize that s/he may win, each Entrant agrees to release and indemnify the Promotion Entities the prize supplier(s), each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, and the respective successors, representatives and assigns of each such individual or company (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any and all actions, claims, injuries, losses or damages arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from or in connection with participation in this Promotion and/or acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize (if applicable). By participating, each Entrant authorizes the Sponsor and its assigns to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in commerce or in any advertising or promotional material in any media worldwide, throughout the universe in perpetuity, without compensation, limitation or further notice unless prohibited by law.
By entering the Promotion, Entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Promotion, but in no event will Entrants attorneys fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) to the extent allowed by law, under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain any award for; and each Entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than actual out of pocket expenses, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries or communications, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or errors in the transmission, receipt or processing of any entries; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entries or other Promotion materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, or from participation in the Promotion; (v) an Entrant's claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light; (vi) any printing, typographical, human, administrative, technological or other errors in any materials associated with the Promotion or in the transmission, receipt or processing of any entries or the announcement of the winner;(vii) cheating or fraud by any participant; or (viii) the incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or the failure to capture any such information, whether caused by Entrant or by the equipment utilized in the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion (or any portion of the Promotion) should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated prior to the advertised end date, Sponsor will select the winner from among the eligible, non-suspect Tickets earned prior to the time/date of termination. Sponsor may prohibit you from participating in the Promotion or winning the prize if, in its sole discretion, Sponsor determines you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair or illegal playing practices, or are intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor and/or its representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE APPLICATION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. GOVERNING LAW: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR THE SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY SUBMISSION OR OTHER MATERIAL SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE LAWS. THE INVALIDITY OR UNENFORCEABILITY OF ANY PROVISION OF THESE RULES SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY OTHER PROVISION. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY PROVISION IS DETERMINED TO BE INVALID OR OTHERWISE UNENFORCEABLE OR ILLEGAL, THESE RULES SHALL OTHERWISE REMAIN IN EFFECT AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR TERMS AS IF THE INVALID OR ILLEGAL PROVISION WERE NOT CONTAINED HEREIN.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE PROMOTION ENTITIES, ITS WEB MASTERS/SUPPLIERS, VENDORS, CONTRACTORS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF AN ENTRANT'S PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE PRIZE, THE PROMOTION AND THE APPLICATION ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE SPONSOR HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. SPONSOR: Kinetoplay Inc., 5042 Wilshire Boulevard, #336, Los Angeles, CA 90036. PRIZE PROVIDER: 500 LEVEL, 4221 Freidrich Lane, Unit 130, Austin, TX 78744. PRIZE PROVIDER: Universal Studios Inc., 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CA 91608.
11. NAME OF WINNER/RULE REQUESTS: For the names of the prize winners, available after June 1, 2017, or a copy of these Official Rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope with a note detailing your specific request to: Kinetoplay Inc., FML Promotion Winner and/or FML Official Rules (as applicable), 5042 Wilshire Boulevard, #336, Los Angeles, CA 90036 (VT Residents may omit return postage for rules requests).
12. Any questions, comments or complaints relating to the Promotion must be directed to Sponsor only.