Oh man...

@user45rrqq · Kathleen Turner Overdrive Cineplex
Jan 10, 2017, 9:52am PSTEdited

I do a bit of figuring (that admittedly includes your projections, Todd), and last week my metrics came up with the same cinema as you. I therefore went against my metrics, because I didn't want to go with yours...which cost me the perfect cinema. (Argh.)

Lo and behold: This morning I winged it, before doing any research or computing... and came up with 3 Figures, 4 Fences, and a Moana. (Double Argh.)

I'm not going against myself again. But are we both underestimating La La Land?

6 Replies

• Reply #1

I'll admit, for fun, I always pick stuff on my own before worrying about your estimates, and then adjust accordingly.. A lot of times I try to second guess you, or front load with higher value picks instead of depending on fillers. But, This time around, I don't think its a mistake that we agree.. After the Golden Globes, I think this is the way to go..

@user4dxoeq · fragger's Cineplex
    Jan 10, 2017, 12:55pm PST
  • Reply #2

Re: one of the questions, I could be underestimating LLL, but don't see it topping above $15M for MLK Day wknd (though who knows?). Take that for what it's worth...

@toddmthatcher · Todd M Thatcher
    Jan 10, 2017, 3:42pm PST
  • Reply #3
    @fmlnerd · FML Nerd
    Jan 10, 2017, 9:17pm PST
  • Reply #4

Just to clarify, are those 3-day or 4-day projections?

@hh · House Harkonnen
    Jan 11, 2017, 12:42pm PST
  • Reply #5

4 day

@toddmthatcher · Todd M Thatcher
    Jan 12, 2017, 10:50am PST
  • Reply #6

Much appreciated on the response Todd. I thought as much, but didn't want to make any assumptions.

@hh · House Harkonnen
    Jan 12, 2017, 8:45pm PST
Add Reply