Anyone in the U.S Military?

@blackwolfstark · Tasmanian Tiger Tricks
Mar 23, 2019, 6:29pm PDT

I'm thinking about joining the military and I'd love to hear everyone's experience in various branches.

3 Replies

• Reply #1

I'm a U.S Army vetaran. I served 6 years in the intelligence field. I hated it at the time, but I realize now what a great opportunity it was. I did work with the Navy and Air Force alot; I would advise joining the air force out of those three. If you join the army, I would highly suggest only the medical field or the intelligence field. I don't have a ton of insight on the Navy. If you decide to join it is one of the toughest things you will ever do. No mattet what happens make sure to finish out your initial enlistment..lots of great benefits if you finish and get out with an honorable discharge. Also know that if a recruiters mouth is moving, they are lying. Research everything they tell you and make sure to get everything in writing, no matter what the recruiter tells. Also don't lie about anything; health or mentally, it can can and will come back and potentially get you dishonorably discharged.

Lastly, Always know the possibility of going to war, no matter what the recruiter tells you. For me personally, I know one person who came back wounded.
    I have a friend who got killed in Afghanistan
    There are many many many others.
    I also know a few that came back in perfectly good health too.

Good luck in your decision. Just know it's a huge sacrifice.

@user4dx6kp · andra79's Cineplex
    Apr 5, 2019, 2:06pm PDT
  • Reply #2

@user4dx6kp Thank you for your service and thank you for the advice!

@blackwolfstark · Tasmanian Tiger Tricks
    Apr 5, 2019, 3:02pm PDT
  • Reply #3

13B

@userwz9xqr · The Reel House
    Apr 21, 2019, 3:19am PDT
Add Reply