Golden Globe Predictions

@toddmthatcher · Todd M Thatcher
Dec 3, 2018, 9:58am PST

My predictions for the Golden Globe nominations, out Thursday! What say you?

https://toddmthatcher.com/2018/12/03/2018-golden-globe-predictions/

5 Replies

• Reply #1

Just curious, wouldn't A Star is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody qualify as a Musical/Comedy and not a Drama? I base this on when Jamie Foxx won for Ray under Best Actor in a Musical/Comedy.

@yktgftm · You know that guy from that movie...
    Dec 3, 2018, 10:10am PST
  • Reply #2

@yktgftm Just curious, wouldn't A Star is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody qualify as a Musical/Comedy and not a Drama? I base this on when Jamie Foxx won for Ray under Best Actor in a Musical/Comedy.

The studios requested those 2 to be considered dramas

@iggy · Iggman
    Dec 4, 2018, 9:34am PST
  • Reply #3

I think you are underestimating Widows, I think that it should at least be considered an alternate. Also the best actress in a comedy/musical seams just so boring, even though some of the candidates are a bit left field, but there's pretty much no competition

@iggy · Iggman
    Dec 4, 2018, 9:47am PST
  • Reply #4

Wow. You had some very accurate predictions. I was overall pleased with the globes, but I wish First man got more recognition, and three nominations stuck out to me as undeserving: John David Washington, Constance Wu, and Bohemian Rhapsody as best picture. The two actors were fine but didn't bring much to the table and were kind of bland and forgettable. Their costars outshined then. I very much disliked Bohemian Rhapsody, thought it didn't do justice to Queen, was not that entertaining, and full of cliches. The end concert was great but that was the best part. The first half of the movie was very messy. Rami Malek I felt was a little overhyped. And - the most atrocious crime of all - a movie called Bohemian Rhapsody, that mocks the producers who said, "we'll never play a 6 minute song" and supposedly trumps Queen's artistic integrity, NEVER plays the titular song in its entirety. I found that representative of the film's problems not being creative and not living up to its band. Did not care for that movie. Also wish Ballad of Buster Scruggs was more talked about. Great movie, number 3 on the year for me

@lionel_the_mandrake · The Reservoir Cats
    Dec 6, 2018, 6:26pm PST
  • Reply #5

Ended up going 51/70 on Predictions. Not bad. Here's my recap from earlier

https://toddmthatcher.com/2018/12/06/2018-golden-globe-nominations-reaction/

@toddmthatcher · Todd M Thatcher
    Dec 6, 2018, 7:26pm PST
Add Reply