Gauging interesting in a Low Stakes League...

@dylan · Biff
May 28, 2019, 11:23am PDT

So, for those unaware, there's a High Stakes League that has been running for several seasons, where 10-20 of us throw away $50 each season to a much happier winner. It's proven fun for us degenerates, but sometimes is difficult to find enough takers.

However, the success of the Beatdown league (wait, people like big, big money?!) led to some talk of a lower stakes league. Beatdown manager to get thousands to enter. Think of a melding between the two - a short-term league with a low cost to enter ($10 or $20?), but if we were to get even 100 people at $10 a pop, a sweet $1000 winner-take-all format for 4-6 weeks of "work."

If there's enough interest, I'm willing to host and administer. If you're game, join the league and comment in the Welcome post. I think I'll set the minimum limit for players at 50; with that many, we'll begin 6/7 with a 6-week league.

League: https://fantasymovieleague.com/league/43679
PW: penniesfromheaven

2 Replies

• Reply #1

Update: we have 36 members currently in the league. Will make for some nice prizes for 1st and 2nd, and 3rd will make their money back as well.

There's a day left to join. Link above - the more the merrier! Note: if you join, read the chatter for payment information. Those that don't pay by lock tomorrow will be booted.

@dylan · Biff
    Jun 6, 2019, 8:52am PDT
  • Reply #2

I'm in

@t1991h · tjhorrego's Cineplex
    Jul 16, 2019, 10:50am PDT
Add Reply