Thursday Previews

@adamedp · Another Hollywood Remake
Dec 3, 2018, 6:50pm PST

After two straight weeks of lackluster performances, I'm looking for some help. It seems that the Thursday preview numbers would've helped me out a lot each time but, to be honest, I'm not sure how to use them. I've heard people talk about multipliers on the MEGATHREAD but I'm not sure what that means.

Anyone out there with some advice?

7 Replies

• Reply #1

Come join the Resistance. We have a thread each week dedicated to Thursday multipliers.

@chocoplex · Chocoplex (R)
    Dec 3, 2018, 7:32pm PST
  • Reply #2

@chocoplex has the right idea! If you want to know more, the Resistance is a fantastic place to start. You'll learn a lot including multipliers. :)

The password is join

They always welcome new players.

@penny · Not Penny's Boat
    Dec 3, 2018, 8:04pm PST
  • Reply #3

A multiplier is how much a thursday preview will transition into a weekend number.

For instance, if a movie makes 100k in previews and has a multiplier of 12.6x, the weekend total would be 1,260,000. People use multipliers to compare movies and make estimates about overall performance, since similar movies tend to have similar multipliers. You can get an estimate of how a movie might perform based on movies we have preview number and multipler records of already.

@ant · The Ant Farm
    Dec 4, 2018, 1:14pm PST
  • Reply #4

This is an old post, but should help point in the right direction. (And would second the suggestion to join the Resistance group, its a great learning environment)

https://fantasymovieleague.com/chatter/board/group-1/topic/154787

@mem · Artist Formely Known As
    Dec 5, 2018, 6:15am PST
  • Reply #5

Thanks @chocoplex. How does one go about joining The Resistance?

That all makes sense @mem, but how do people determine those multipliers?

@adamedp · Another Hollywood Remake
    Dec 6, 2018, 10:38pm PST
  • Reply #6
    @chocoplex · Chocoplex (R)
    Dec 7, 2018, 3:53am PST
  • Reply #7

@adamedp Thanks @chocoplex. How does one go about joining The Resistance?

That all makes sense @mem, but how do people determine those multipliers?

It's mostly using comps

@lurker · Still Showing Blade Runner 2049
    Dec 7, 2018, 4:37am PST
Add Reply