Friday Survey - Monologues

@kevin · Satellite of Love (SOL) (R)
Feb 19, 2021, 8:12am PST

List your favorite film monologues.

If you are tech savvy enough, show a clip, or a brief description will do.

Have fun with it.

2 Replies

• Reply #1

Wanna know how I got these scars???........My father was a drinker....and a fiend..... So one night, he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself....He doesn't like that. Not....one....bit.....So,... me watching, he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. He looks at me.... and he says "Why so serious?!"....He comes at me with the knife......"Why so serious?!!"..."Let's put a smile on that face!!"......And......(looks

@tejon · Tejon 8
    Feb 21, 2021, 4:34pm PST
  • Reply #2

Thanks for the reply @tejon, seems like there's only a dozen folks left on this site. These aren't the usual monologues people mention but I like them. And I'm just doing partial quotes.

Citizen Kane - an older Mr Bernstein talking about how memories are a funny thing describes a passing glance of a woman on a ferry ends with, " . . and not a month goes by that I don't think about her."

Maltese Falcon - Sam Spade starts with, "When a man's partner is killed he's suppose to do something about it . . . "

City Slickers - Ed describing his best day, "I'm 14, mom and dad are fighting again . . ."

Star Trek, First Contact - Picard ends with, ". . . The line will be drawn here! This far and no farther."
    Picard again, quoting from Moby Dick, "And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all his rage and hate felt by the whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it."

The Sure Thing - Gib trying to convince Alison to help him in English class, "If you don't help I'll flunk out . . . work at the drive-up window . . . a guy offers me a quick 300 just to drive a van back from Mexico. When I get out of jail I'm 36 and living in a flop house . . . and why? Because you wouldn't help me in English!"

Field of Dreams - Terence Mann, "People will come, Ray. . . . The one constant through all the years has been baseball. This field, this game, . . . People will most definitely come."

@kevin · Satellite of Love (SOL) (R)
    Feb 22, 2021, 8:27pm PSTEdited
Add Reply