Will new movies return?

@thebige · TheBigE
Jun 26, 2020, 6:42am PDT

TENET just got moved to August. Tom Hanks' GREYHOUND is off to Apple+. SPONGEBOB: SPONGE ON THE RUN is heading to VOD or streaming. MULAN's move is imminent.

Two weeks ago I was all excited for movies to return. Now do we think it'll even happen this year?

4 Replies

• Reply #1

Sadly, no. At least no movies they expect to make a profit will be released.

I hope I can go to the movies again...only 111 new cases in Ontario today. Our lowest number in 3 months.

@ingy · Inglourious Basterd
    Jun 26, 2020, 10:52am PDT
  • Reply #2

We're in the last part of the 1st wave. If a 2nd wave appears it'll be in the Fall when all those films want to open up.
    For now 80% of the cases can be traced to 20% of the carriers. These are the social butterflies who have to be everywhere, do everything and see everyone. They must be stopped. 😱🤬🤯🤒

@kevin · Satellite of Love (SOL) (R)
    Jun 26, 2020, 12:33pm PDT
  • Reply #3

Didn't the US have the most new cases ever just yesterday? Who knows what wave we're in now.

In Michigan 2 weeks ago we were down to daily new cases averaging down around about 150 - even had less than 100 one day. Now we're averaging over 250 per day again, and had nearly 400 new cases today. Though that is the price of opening up, we knew it would happen. Most of the new cases have been blamed on college kids at bars, tourists, and farm migrant workers - that last group in particular has been exploding in infections.

Our local movie theater reopened today, but I guess it'll be a long wait before we see new movies. MULAN is now Aug 21st, with BILL & TED 3 the week after.

@thebige · TheBigE
    Jun 26, 2020, 5:27pm PDT
  • Reply #4

With California apparently (I don't live there, just read the news) closing their movie theaters, I think it's gonna be a long long time before we come back to FML.

@jeremy · Circle of Life (IOU)
    Jul 1, 2020, 12:33pm PDT
Add Reply