Temporarily Pausing Fantasy Movie League

@fmlqa · FML Quality Assurance
Mar 16, 2020, 4:20pm PDT

Dear FML Community,

Like you, we have been monitoring the changes being put into place to slow down the spread of COVID-19. Given the impact on the movie industry, including changes in premiere dates and movie theater closures, we're anticipating challenges in being able to provide you with up-to-date box office information in the coming weeks. We also want to make sure we're doing everything in our power to help our employees stay healthy and safe.

Due to this, we have come to the difficult decision to temporarily pause Fantasy Movie League.

You'll be able to see the final results for the weekend of March 13-15, and your standings within your leagues will update based on that. That standing will remain until we resume. We don't know quite yet when we will be able to start up again, but we will let you know as soon as we do.

Thank you for being part of the FML community. During this hiatus, we encourage you to stay connected with others through Chatter and on noovie.com.

Stay safe,
The FML Team

93 Replies

• Reply #51

Sounds like the theaters are in no position to reopen soon even if given the green light https://variety.com/2020/film/box-office/movie-theaters-georgia-cannot-reopen-1234585289/

@user4vy9n4 · Scholleplex
    Apr 21, 2020, 6:50am PDT
  • Reply #52

Sounds like the theaters are in no position to reopen soon even if given the green light https://variety.com/2020/film/box-office/movie-theaters-georgia-cannot-reopen-1234585289/

Word is that AMC Theaters is not planning to open until July ... even if some states open their movie theaters earlier.

@chrisrob · Robert's Heart of Screenland
    Apr 26, 2020, 3:27pm PDTEdited
  • Reply #53

Texas is apparently opening theaters May 1, but I don't know what the hell they expect to play.

@jeremy · Circle of Life (IOU)
    Apr 27, 2020, 1:46pm PDT
  • Reply #54

@jeremy - check out the Fri Survey, @ingy and I have some ideas of films theaters can play for their reopening month. You can give suggestions too. We're in unknown territory. There are no rules here. And there's definitely no comps.

@kevin · Satellite of Love (SOL) (R)
    Apr 27, 2020, 7:00pm PDT
  • Reply #55

I'd rather FML restart a week late with more data after missing a week or two of decent box office than restart a week early with random guesswork and lower than expected results.

@brandonj · Particular Set of Movie Skills
    Apr 29, 2020, 6:17am PDT
  • Reply #56

I really enjoy the game and can't wait for it to resume soon! I will just keep checking the app from time to time.

@haydenstrong · jason.graening's Cineplex
    May 5, 2020, 7:00pm PDT
  • Reply #57

I'm officially going through withdrawals. I have no idea what day it is anymore. I had deleted my FML alarms, and with not working every day, I haven't a clue.

I was never a "mathy" but I did enjoy playing FML. I can't wait for it to start up again, I'm just hoping I don't miss lock. 😬

Miss you all!!! 😘😘😘

@penny · Not Penny's Boat
    May 7, 2020, 7:43am PDT
  • Reply #58

Hello @fmlqa - Any updates on the status of our game?

@shruggs · ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    May 29, 2020, 10:29pm PDT
  • Reply #59

Box office numbers - just in!
    Anybody have "We Summon the Darkness" as their BP pick?
    LOL jk - but deadline really is reporting numbers.

https://deadline.com/2020/06/weekend-box-office-last-of-may-memorial-day-trolls-world-tour-wretched-high-note-1202950241/

@dittymovies · David Ditmore Cineplex
    Jun 3, 2020, 2:57pm PDT
  • Reply #60

When Is It Coming Back?

@playrpeanut · playrpeanut
    Jun 6, 2020, 5:48am PDT
Add Reply