Temporarily Pausing Fantasy Movie League

@fmlqa · FML Quality Assurance
Mar 16, 2020, 4:20pm PDT

Dear FML Community,

Like you, we have been monitoring the changes being put into place to slow down the spread of COVID-19. Given the impact on the movie industry, including changes in premiere dates and movie theater closures, we're anticipating challenges in being able to provide you with up-to-date box office information in the coming weeks. We also want to make sure we're doing everything in our power to help our employees stay healthy and safe.

Due to this, we have come to the difficult decision to temporarily pause Fantasy Movie League.

You'll be able to see the final results for the weekend of March 13-15, and your standings within your leagues will update based on that. That standing will remain until we resume. We don't know quite yet when we will be able to start up again, but we will let you know as soon as we do.

Thank you for being part of the FML community. During this hiatus, we encourage you to stay connected with others through Chatter and on noovie.com.

Stay safe,
The FML Team

47 Replies

• Reply #31

I'm not sure I've ever seen people panic so much that even digital gatherings are no longer allowed...

@user4jwy5k · SuperMegaMaxiUltraOmniUberPlex
    Mar 17, 2020, 1:51pm PDT
  • Reply #32

@bswhite · BSwhite 1970's Discoplex
    Mar 17, 2020, 1:54pm PDT
  • Reply #33

@lurker An extremely tough, but correct, decision. You guys have worked 255 weeks straight to run this game for us, and it took a global pandemic and Regal shutting down to pause it. Kudos to you guys, and hopefully the FML team is safe during the coming weeks/months.

Are there any plans on:

a) running something between now and whenever everything reopens?b) has there been discussions on what is done with SS? Will we start a new season, or will these first two weeks be rolled into the next?

Nobody cares. I mean, none of that matters right now.

@userqagbna · lusjack's Cineplex
    Mar 18, 2020, 1:34am PDT
  • Reply #34

Nobody cares. I mean, none of that matters right now.

giphy.gif

@brandonj · Particular Set of Movie Skills
    Mar 19, 2020, 7:28pm PDT
  • Reply #35

Stay safe out there. See you on the other side.

@usermg3d · mg3d
    Mar 19, 2020, 10:25pm PDT
  • Reply #36

Thanks Mr. White, I love that movie!

@usermg3d · mg3d
    Mar 19, 2020, 10:30pm PDT
  • Reply #37

It's shameful that you are allowing the side game FML: Covid-19 to unfold on this site. Predicting behaviour by the most irresponsible spreaders of this virus in our society is disgusting. Guessing you don't know anyone who's been hospitalized.
    What's next, over/under on how many people in the theatre get infected. I'm done.

@jocksplane · Jock start the plane!
    Mar 20, 2020, 8:52am PDT
  • Reply #38

It's shameful that you are allowing the side game FML: Covid-19 to unfold on this site. Predicting behaviour by the most irresponsible spreaders of this virus in our society is disgusting. Guessing you don't know anyone who's been hospitalized.

@jocksplane I feel like I should respond. I'm really sorry to have offended you on anyone else with the side game; that was not my intention. It was meant as a spot of humor to help us cope with the rapidly-changing realities we live with, but I can see where some might see it as insensitive/offensive. Believe me, I'm very glad theaters and the box office are shutting down - it shows that most people are taking this threat seriously.

My heart goes out to everyone this virus is and will impact - it's almost certainly all of us, both now and for the foreseeable future. Stay responsible and protect the people you love by practicing social distancing. Stay safe!

@backseatdirecting · BackseatDirecting
    Mar 21, 2020, 7:45am PDT
  • Reply #39

Hi

@userpkwnxo · malakatatreh1's Cineplex
    Mar 27, 2020, 3:29am PDT
  • Reply #40

Well, with no preview numbers coming in and 5 minutes from locktime i guess I'm just rolling with 8x blank again this week.

Still miss you all!

@darthdan · DarthDan ®
    Mar 27, 2020, 8:54am PDT
Add Reply