Worst Performer League: Executioner

@the_hersh · The Hersh
Jan 8, 2020, 6:29pm PSTEdited

Hey folks!

It's been a couple weeks since the ignominious ending of the Awards season of the Worst Performer League.

For those of you who had already been eliminated, the second weekend split of SWEIX:TROS or whatever the hell you want to call it completely wrecked the League when Saturday secured Worst Performer. As not a single of the twentysomething players remaining screened it, well...everyone was eliminated. No winner. You lose. You got nothing.

The record books will forever reflect the Awards Season Champion as NONE. I always suspected something like that could happen. I just hadn't anticipated it a mere four weeks into a season.

So what to do? Well when the Spring Season arrives, there will be an official Worst Performer League as normal and I hope to see you all play.

For those not in the know, the goal of the WPL is to secure the lowest box office total for your cineplex while staying above $0 and having played at least one screen of the Worst Performer. It's that simple, really. If you fail to screen the WP or if your cineplex total goes SUB-ZERO, you are eliminated and removed from the league. The person with the lowest aggregate box office total for the season (who survives all weeks of play) is declared the winner of the league.

So, while the official Awards Season Champion, NONE, takes a few weeks off, I figured the rest of us could have some fun.

Starting in Week 8 and going through the final week of the Awards season, I'll be running WPL: Executioner.

WPL: Executioner dispenses with the HGE (don't worry, it'll be back in Spring) and replaces it with...you guessed it...The Executioner.

Every week, the player with that week's lowest qualifying score MUST publicly nominate three players to be sent for execution. Those players will randomly be assigned a number between 1 & 3 and then my sexy Australian-voiced Siri will randomly select one of those players for execution. What strategy will that week's player use? Will they play it safe and nominate players who are out of the running? Or will they try to take out their closest competitors? Whatever strategy they use, they better take full advantage because any player who survives their nomination CAN NOT be nominated again. And if that week's player fails to nominate the required three players by the Wednesday Midnight deadline, THEY will be sent to the executioner instead.

I'll have more details as the start time gets closer but I will say this: I wouldn't sign up if you aren't willing to...you know...check to see if you won and are willing to be a little cutthroat...by the deadline. If that ain't your bag, as I said above, the regular WPL with standard rules will be opened later in the season to get ready for the Spring.

Here's your link:
https://fantasymovieleague.com/league/45597

Password:
executed

League Name:
Worst Performer League: Executioner

6 Replies

• Reply #1

@zman2018 · The Million Dollar Man Ted Debiose
    Jan 9, 2020, 6:20am PST
  • Reply #2

Bumping for noise.

@the_hersh · The Hersh
    Jan 9, 2020, 11:52am PST
  • Reply #3

Bumpity bump

@the_hersh · The Hersh
    Jan 10, 2020, 6:41pm PST
  • Reply #4

oh yeah...this. Bumping for noise. Sign-up if you will. It's usually a lot of fun.

@the_hersh · The Hersh
    Jan 13, 2020, 5:09pm PST
  • Reply #5

This will be a great time to not be very well known...lol

@muuuuurrrrph · Muuuuurrrrph
    Jan 14, 2020, 7:32am PST
  • Reply #6

Last few days to sign up for the special 1/2 season Worst Performer League! Get in while the getting's good!

@the_hersh · The Hersh
    Jan 21, 2020, 8:57am PST
Add Reply