New Sidegame: Badge Bonanza

@fourthwall · Fourth Wall
Nov 12, 2019, 1:53am PSTEdited

Do you want to become FML's best boy / girl scout?
Do you like Easter Egg hunts?
Do you love badges, trophies, medals? I know you do, that was a rhetorical question.
Well then join this new, fun (hopefully), low effort (if you choose it to be), original (i think) side-game:

Badges Bonanza

source.gif

The rules:

1. Game will start last weekend of November, so two weeks time to signup.
  2. Game will end after 28 weeks.
  3. Scoring rules are the same as the standard FML rules, as is the locktime. I hope this won't be such a big issue due to the nature of this game.
  4. You have to join the league in order to compete. As all badges can only be gained through the lineup set in this separate league.
  5. The goal is not to get the highest BO over 25 weeks, but to collect the most badges.
  6. Badges? Yes, badges. There will be 135 (or less, I am at 121 right now and running out of steam) badges to collect, and you can do so by fulfilling a specific task with your lineup.
  7. What are the badges? Well, I am still thinking them out as we speak, but there will be a vague list of descriptions given out before the start of the game. Some will be obvious, others won't be that obvious. Some will be pretty easy to get, others won't be that easy and perhaps not even possible in the 25 weeks of the game.
  8. Each badge will also be assigned a star value between one and five.
  9. It will also be possible to collect more than one badge in one week, but I doubt anyone will be able to collect them all.
  10. It doesn't require any additional calculation whatsoever.

The one with the most badges at the end of 25 weeks wins! If there is a tie, the person with the most stars wins and if there is still a tiebreaker the person with the highest cumulative box office in this league wins.

source.gif

Now what?

That's about it I guess.
One more step on your end, join the league and await further instruction there. https://fantasymovieleague.com/league/45289
Password: eaglescout

source.gif

14 Replies

• Reply #1

I need all the flair!

@lll · Lola's Palooza
    Nov 12, 2019, 6:52am PST
  • Reply #2

giphy.gif

@omalpha · I Am The Omalpha
    Nov 12, 2019, 7:13am PST
  • Reply #3

Okay...I've finished the list and there will be 157 badges to collect.

Nov 13, 2019, 2:13am PSTEdited
  • Reply #4

My bad...158.

Now I am gonna stop.

Nope one more just popped up. 159.

I also want to say that some people may think sidegames are an investment and that life is impeding enough on FML as it is. I totally get that, but this can also be played perfectly in a "join league - copy all" fashion.

Some badges will be gotten by going through some hoops with your cineplex, but others may be actually easier to get by playing like you would in the SS. And it will definitely be possible to just set something earlier in the week and see what comes out as well.

Nov 14, 2019, 3:52am PSTEdited
  • Reply #5

source.gif

Nov 14, 2019, 6:19am PSTEdited
  • Reply #6
    1. Gonna stop now.
    Nov 15, 2019, 5:35am PST
  • Reply #7

Bump and why do these numbers change to 1.?
    There are now 164 badges.

Nov 15, 2019, 1:56pm PST
  • Reply #8

Sounds like my baking skills won't get me a badge. That's okay. All of your work starts when you have to hand out and keep track of these badges. And 28 weeks?!?! You are a brave person.

@kevin · Satellite of Love (SOL) (R)
    Nov 15, 2019, 3:23pm PST
  • Reply #9

Sounds like my baking skills won't get me a badge. That's okay. All of your work starts when you have to hand out and keep track of these badges. And 28 weeks?!?! You are a brave person.

Something something brave and stupid.

Nov 16, 2019, 5:40am PST
  • Reply #10

Something something brave and stupid.

Nov 16, 2019, 5:40am PST
Add Reply