BSA Fall Week 2: Boldest BSA Ever? This is IT!

@bswhite · BSwhite 1970's Discoplex
Sep 11, 2019, 6:30pm PDT

Good Wednesday all, BS here, with your Fall week 2 BSA! First, a recap of last week's BSA, which saw Good Boys provide solid value, but in the end, it was not your BP winner, nor factor into the week 2 PC. Hey, sometimes, you gotta win ugly, and that's what this BSA did.

The BSA stats update to the following:

2019: 34 for 36 (94.44%)

Alright, onto week 2, and it's time to come back from last week's rather uninspired BSA, and make a big splash! And, what better way to make that splash, than by taking on the Clown King himself! So, for Fall Week 2, the BSA advises against..

IT: CHAPTER TWO
Holy smokes, BS, you have to be out of your mind, taking on Pennywise! Well, I had a CT scan recently, and everything came back fine. So, here's why if you trust this BSA, YOU'LL FLOAT TOO!
giphy.gif

FML PRICING
I hate the pricing for IT Chapter Two this week. At an exorbitant $731 FML BUX, you are using almost 75% of your FML $$ on that top anchor screen. I don't see how you get good value on that. It also shuts you out of some potential mid fillers that could pose as BP candidates. Sorry folks, that price pops my balloon for IT!
giphy.gif

JENNY FROM THE BLOCK
The 2nd highest priced movie on the slate this week is Hustlers. At $516 FML BUX, it is roughly 70% of the cost of IT. Based on the great reviews, and continually building....wait for it....MOMENTUM!, I expect J-Lo and crew to be within 15% of IT this weekend.
giphy.gif

BUT WHAT ABOUT FRIDAY THE 13TH?
This Friday is Friday the 13th, which has historically seen great numbers from Horror movies. I readily admit that IT will have a fantastic Friday the 13th. But I feel that the rest of the weekend will tail off. Things may look grim with the Early weekend estimates, but I say, sit tight, and ride things out!
giphy.gif

BOTTOM LINE
This may be one of the boldest, if not THE BOLDEST BSA of all time! Taking on Horror and Clowns seems like career suicide for FML's Last Apex Predator! But, fear not, BSArmy members, for I am taking this stand, with my favorite partner...the MIGHTY MOMENTUM! It's J-Lo versus Pennywise in a box office throwdown for the ages. I've chosen my side. The question is...will you also stand with the BSA this weekend?!? As always, good luck!

12 Replies

• Reply #1

Currently, over half of FML is floating with Pennywise.

Let's get the word out to Get On The Floor with this week's BSA!

Sep 11, 2019, 6:32pm PDT
  • Reply #2

You have to have a ton of faith in Hustlers for this to work. Good luck this week!

@garbs · The Garbera Redemption
    Sep 11, 2019, 7:02pm PDT
  • Reply #3

And you better hope BRAM keeps its expansion limited...

@trayoder · Are You Fluent in Gif? (R)
    Sep 11, 2019, 7:06pm PDT
  • Reply #4

giphy.gif

@brandonj · Particular Set of Movie Skills
    Sep 11, 2019, 8:32pm PDT
  • Reply #5

I like it

@azrattler · Dubs®
    Sep 11, 2019, 10:20pm PDT
  • Reply #6

@bswhite Many people agree with you this week my good friend, including @perri_nemiroff who has this movie at 30 mil!!! Who knew Jay-lo could make a decent film after this atrocity....

@thekaratekid · Bubba Ho Tep's Cineplex!
    Sep 12, 2019, 2:13am PDT
  • Reply #7

@bswhite Many people agree with you this week my good friend, including @perri_nemiroff who has this movie at 30 mil!!! Who knew Jay-lo could make a decent film after this atrocity....

Sep 12, 2019, 2:13am PDT
  • Reply #8

The one and only @toddmthatcher just changed his prediction and he has Hustlers in upwards of 31.5 mil.... Time to bet on Miss Lopez!

Sep 12, 2019, 2:24am PDT
  • Reply #9

Hi, BSwhite! What's the password to join the league again?

@chillcat · ChillCat ツ
    Sep 12, 2019, 7:23am PDT
  • Reply #10

@Chillcat - I'm assuming you are referring to BSA vs FML? That runs during the Summer Season only. Look for its return for Summer 2020!

Sep 12, 2019, 7:59am PDT
Add Reply