Play the Top Nine Side Game!

@austin · Austin Buyers Club
Sep 1, 2019, 2:25pm PDTEdited

This week's contest is now closed. Bookmark the entry form. I'll reopen it every Sunday night. Click here to see what everyone picked.

Play the Top Nine Side Game

The game is simple. Predict the Top Nine movies based on weekend box office earnings. You don't submit projections. Just list nine movies in order. The catch? The deadline is nine days before the weekend you're predicting.

Deadline: 9pm ET on Wednesday, September 18.
Rank the Top Nine movies based on box office earnings for the weekend of September 27-29. Resubmit as often as you'd like before the deadline. I'll use your latest version.

Submit your entry now.

Earn 4 points for each movie you pick that finishes in the Top Nine, regardless of ranking.
Earn 4 bonus points for picking all 9 movies correctly, regardless of ranking.
Lose 1 point for each ranking spot your ranking differs from the actual ranking.
For example, if you pick a movie to finish 9th, and it finishes 6th, you get 4 - 3 = 1 point for that movie.

A movie can't earn negative points. A perfect score is 40 points.
Duplicate movies will be ignored, except for the highest ranked copy.
Results will be based on numbers at BoxOfficeMojo.com.
Click here for player entries, results, and standings.
Bookmark the entry form. I'll reopen it every Sunday night.

11 Replies

• Reply #1

You have less than 24 hours to submit your Top Nine entry for Fall Season Week 2. Submit your entry now.

Congrats to Particular Set of Movie Skills for winning Top Nine for Labor Day Weekend! Click here for full results. Only 2 out of 31 players chose the correct nine films. That was the warmup round and won't count towards Fall Season standings.

I temporarily updated Fall Season Week 1 with FML pricing order. None of the 31 players picked the current Top Nine films on the FML slate. But we'll find out on Monday whether FML pricing order was accurate. Click here see everyone's picks.

Sep 3, 2019, 7:39pm PDT
  • Reply #2

Picks are due in 7 hours! Enter now: https://forms.gle/YVCvhChSvEX2uG288

Sep 4, 2019, 10:49am PDT
  • Reply #3

This week's contest is now closed. Bookmark the entry form. I'll reopen it every Sunday night. Click here to see what everyone picked.

Sep 4, 2019, 7:54pm PDT
  • Reply #4

The entry form for the Top Nine for the weekend of Sept 20-22 is now available. Submit your entry now. The deadline is 9pm ET on Wednesday, September 11. Resubmit as often as you'd like before the deadline, and I'll use your latest version.

Sep 8, 2019, 5:19pm PDT
  • Reply #5

giphy.gif

@trayoder · Are You Fluent in Gif? (R)
    Sep 8, 2019, 6:01pm PDT
  • Reply #6

@avalonpc wins Fall Week 1 with 30 points! No one got all nine right. Only 9 of 31 got eight. It was a tough week. Click here for the full results. And while you're thinking of it, enter this week's contest. It only takes a minute to set a coma lineup.

Sep 9, 2019, 7:34pm PDT
  • Reply #7

10 hours left to enter Top Nine: https://forms.gle/YVCvhChSvEX2uG288

Sep 11, 2019, 7:49am PDT
  • Reply #8

Sep 11, 2019, 8:00pm PDT
  • Reply #9

The entry form for the Top Nine for the weekend of Sept 27-29 is now available. Submit your entry now. The deadline is 9pm ET on Wednesday, September 18. Resubmit as often as you'd like before the deadline, and I'll use your latest version.

Brooklyn 99

Sep 15, 2019, 3:30pm PDT
  • Reply #10

Last call for this week's Top Nine. Submit your entry now.

Sep 18, 2019, 5:03pm PDT
Add Reply