Overcomer BO Prediction

@toddmthatcher · Todd M Thatcher
Aug 14, 2019, 6:39pm PDT

OW estimate in for Overcomer! What say you?

https://toddmthatcher.com/2019/08/14/overcomer-box-office-prediction/

7 Replies

• Reply #1

I have to say on this one I am a Christian. I attend church weekly and I do believe Jesus died for my past present and future sins. However that doesn't mean I'm going to see a cheesy film like this. The acting seems very stalk and it just has that whole made to DVD/ Blue ray movie kind of feel. I'm shocked that people enjoy dull plot lines again and again like these films that come out. Facing the Giants was cool years ago, but that doesn't you keep following the same format. It gets dull afterawhile. That's what this film is basically following...

@zman2018 · Terminus
    Aug 14, 2019, 7:27pm PDT
  • Reply #2

I will watch any Kenndrick brothers movie! The movies can be very cheesy but the message is always wonderful. Obviously there's a market for these movies.

@zombi31 · Unplanned War Room
    Aug 14, 2019, 8:11pm PDT
  • Reply #3

I will watch any Kenndrick brothers movie! The movies can be very cheesy but the message is always wonderful. Obviously there's a market for these movies.

@zombi31 · Unplanned War Room
    Aug 14, 2019, 8:11pm PDT
  • Reply #4

I'll watch any Anna Kendrick movie :)

@stiger · Morally Compromised (R)
    Aug 14, 2019, 8:14pm PDT
  • Reply #5

I'm actually more interested in seeing this due to the fact that it's about cross-country, a sport that has very few representations on film (MacFarland USA was pretty cheesy.)

@thebige · TheBigE
    Aug 15, 2019, 5:42am PDT
  • Reply #6

I'm actually more interested in seeing this due to the fact that it's about cross-country, a sport that has very few representations on film (MacFarland USA was pretty cheesy.)

Did they choose cross-country because the word cross is in it? 😛

@mikescott85 · mikescott4485's Cineplex
    Aug 16, 2019, 11:21pm PDT
  • Reply #7

I'm actually more interested in seeing this due to the fact that it's about cross-country, a sport that has very few representations on film (MacFarland USA was pretty cheesy.)Did they choose cross-country because the word cross is in it? 😛

It's MUCH cheaper, if you're doing a sports movie, to make it about cross-country than any other sport! What's the equipment you need to buy? Shoes and a uniform, that's it. I'm a coach and I've started cross-country teams at several schools I've worked at, and that's how we convinced the administration - just use old track uniforms until we bought our own uniforms. Plus, if you see the trailer, he's got a team of just 1 kid. That's got to cost a lot less than outfitting a football team for a movie.

My big "reality" complaint about MacFarland is the lack of spectators in the competition scenes. You always get a good handful of parents for every meet, no matter how small the meet is. In MacFarland the crowds were non-existent, just coaches and kids.

@thebige · TheBigE
    Aug 17, 2019, 5:17am PDT
Add Reply