Join the Worst Performer League - Fall 2019

@the_hersh · The Hersh
Aug 14, 2019, 8:31am PDTEdited

The WPL is a chimera of sorts combining aspects of STEVE's Bonus League, Race to the Bottom, and the $0 Cineplex game.

You will advance each week if your cineplex satisfies two criteria:
1) It must contain at least one screen of that week's Worst Performing Movie.
2) Your box office total for the week must not "zero" out. In other words, your box office for the week must equal at least $0

In other words, if you do not screen that week's Worst Performer in your cineplex...you will be eliminated and removed from the league. AND if your score dips below ZERO, you will also be eliminated.

For those unfamiliar, FML does not display a score less than ZERO but placing your cursor over the lineup within the league will show the individual scores for each movie and the sum of penalties and bonuses. I'll be able to tell if your score would actually be in the negative.

If your score somehow ends up exactly at $0, you will not be eliminated.

NEW FOR FALL SEASON

There will now be a third way to be eliminated. Starting with Week 2 and in addition to the weekly eliminations from not playing the Worst Performer or Zeroing Out, the advancing player or players in the event of a tie with the HIGHEST aggregate box office for the season to date will also be eliminated. This will happen every week as long as there are more players left in the league than there are weeks left in the season.

To assist you in this endeavor, bonuses will be added to or deducted from your cineplex total as follows:

Empty Screens: +$5,000,000
Best Performer: +$5,000,000
Worst Performer: -$2,000,000

There will be no PC bonus or penalty.

The winner will be the player who survives all 13 weeks of the FALL season with the LOWEST cineplex total.

And the fun thing is…no spreadsheets necessary!

The actual competition will start with the first week of the Fall season (September 6-8) but I've opened the league for the last 2 weeks of the Summer season to allow some time for folks to get the hang of game play.

League: https://fantasymovieleague.com/league/44565

search: Worst Performer League - Fall 2019

Password: mediocre

You won't be able to make any picks until the week rolls over on Monday (8/19) but I'll open thread on the League Chatter that will go into more detail so if you have any questions feel free to hit me up there or over here.

23 Replies

• Reply #1

@the_hersh Finally they let us both back in! Itsss been soooo loonnggg!!!

@zman2018 · Terminus
    Aug 14, 2019, 4:00pm PDT
  • Reply #2

Bumpin' for noise.

@the_hersh · The Hersh
    Aug 15, 2019, 7:27am PDT
  • Reply #3

@the_hersh

I joined the league but it's not allowing me to set a practice lineup for this week.

@vondruke · KFBR392
    Aug 15, 2019, 7:56am PDT
  • Reply #4

You won't be able to start setting lineups until next Monday.

@the_hersh · The Hersh
    Aug 15, 2019, 8:33am PDT
  • Reply #5

@the_hersh

Ah. Read the rules wrong. Thanks!

@vondruke · KFBR392
    Aug 15, 2019, 8:35am PDT
  • Reply #6

Bumping for the weekend crowd.

@the_hersh · The Hersh
    Aug 16, 2019, 11:02am PDT
  • Reply #7

Bumping for the Monday crowd! Practice play starts this week!!

@the_hersh · The Hersh
    Aug 19, 2019, 5:28am PDT
  • Reply #8

Join the WPL! We don't allow alts or consensus accounts!*

*alts and consensus accounts will not be policed

@the_hersh · The Hersh
    Aug 20, 2019, 12:08pm PDT
  • Reply #9

Pre-lock bump

@the_hersh · The Hersh
    Aug 22, 2019, 7:51pm PDT
  • Reply #10

Clearly I misunderstood the rules. I am in last place this week. Good thing it's a practice week.

@omalpha · I Am The Omalpha
    Aug 24, 2019, 10:15am PDT
Add Reply