Summer 2019 Power Group Challenge

@katnisscinnaplex · K△tniss' Cinnaplex
Jun 5, 2019, 9:32am PDT

Hey guys, welcome to the 2019 Summer Power Group Challenge! In this competition each group will select players to represent their group in the various leagues/side games on Fantasy Movie League. At the end of the season the top three representatives for each game will earn gold/silver/bronze medals worth 3/2/1 points respectively. The group with the most points at the end of the season wins!

Some notes:

• Season Showdown will be scored after the season ends
  • If you use a different name in side games than in leagues please provide both so that you don't get overlooked
  • Mid-season updates are not points being awarded; scoring is not final until after the season ends.
  • Season Showdown will not be updated until the season is over.
  • If you notice a mistake in the scoring please let me know in the comments or on discord and I'll fix it.
  • RULE CHANGE - This season ties will be handled a bit differently. If there is a two-way tie for first then two gold medals will be awarded but no silver. A two-way tie for second will award two silvers but no bronze. A three-way tie will award three medals but no lower medals.

Here is the sheet to sign up for your group. There is a column for free agents for all players that are not in a power group; this is a great way to show off your skills if you are looking for a group to join in the future!

http://bit.ly/FMLPowerGroupChallenge

The games included this season include:

• Price Guessing
  • $0 Cineplex
  • Budgetopoly
  • Deadline Game
  • Hedging
  • Power Ranks
  • Prediction Competition
  • Props
  • Race to the Bottom
  • Sim Theaters
  • Baseball
  • Theater Count Prediction Game
  • Over/Under
  • Preview Predictions
  • Monday Night Competition
  • Landmine League
  • Season Showdown

18 Replies

• Reply #1

@katnisscinnaplex, you don't happen to have that page that lists everyone's side game finishes the last several seasons, do you? I have no idea how hard that was to put together, so no worries if you can't update it.

@brandonj · Particular Set of Movie Skills
    Jun 5, 2019, 10:14am PDT
  • Reply #2

@katnisscinnaplex, you don't happen to have that page that lists everyone's side game finishes the last several seasons, do you? I have no idea how hard that was to put together, so no worries if you can't update it.

@brandonj, I think @plexy's FMLypmics sheet may have all of that info recorded. The sheet I had set up pulled in the current standings for all of the side games. I didn't set it up for the Spring season but I could update the links for Summer if there is interest.

Jun 5, 2019, 10:17am PDT
  • Reply #3

The FMLympics sheet isn't the most friendly depiction of that kind of information outside of the top 3 finishers, but does a decent job of showing a player's longevity in a particular game:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Dho6U7I509k97qjp-NxAZQ1nuiAbtrWk5hunySUq86o/edit?usp=sharing

@plexy · Plexy △
    Jun 5, 2019, 10:20am PDTEdited
  • Reply #4

The FMLympics sheet has all of the data together if you wanted to parse it out that way, but I remember that sheet you posted had everything consolidated really well, and it was really interesting.

@brandonj · Particular Set of Movie Skills
    Jun 5, 2019, 11:05am PDT
  • Reply #5

@hmg · Hoosier Movie Guy
    Jun 5, 2019, 1:20pm PDT
  • Reply #6

Assuming Prop 3, Avengers refers to Infinity War?

@hmg · Hoosier Movie Guy
    Jun 5, 2019, 1:42pm PDT
  • Reply #7

Alright, I'm on iPhone and iPad, so google sheets is iffy at best for me. (I assume we put our lineups into a spreadsheet for these side games.)

@sonyawolf · Wolf Cinemas (R)
    Jun 5, 2019, 3:30pm PDT
  • Reply #8

Alright, I'm on iPhone and iPad, so google sheets is iffy at best for me. (I assume we put our lineups into a spreadsheet for these side games.)

Most of the games can be entered through a Google Form or through the associated league. Here are the only games that require Sheets: Budgetopoly, Deadline Game, Hedging, Prediction Comp and Sim Theaters.

Hope this helps!

Jun 5, 2019, 3:34pm PDT
  • Reply #9

Reminder to finalize your selections by locktime today!

Jun 7, 2019, 7:50am PDT
  • Reply #10

@katnisscinnaplex Reminder to finalize your selections by locktime today!

CRAP!
    Wait... what?!
    I thought $0 and RTTB had later locks?

@sonyawolf · Wolf Cinemas (R)
    Jun 7, 2019, 7:53am PDT
Add Reply