FML's Greatest Challenge Returns! BSA vs FML

@bswhite · BSwhite 1970's Discoplex
Jun 2, 2019, 5:50pm PDT

Greetings FMLverse, it's your friendly, neighborhood Last Apex Predator here, with the return of FML's greatest challenge!

Just in time for the Summer Season, it's BSA vs FML Summer 2019!

The rules of the game are simple:

Each week, you must play at least ONE screen of the movie receiving the BSA.

If you do not, you are eliminated, and will be removed from the competition.

All other bonuses and penalties apply (BP / blank screens / PC) all are the same as they are in Season Showdown.

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to beat me at my own game. Screen the BSA, and beat my Summer total, simple as that.

NOW....for a little recap, we had a BSA vs FML challenge last Summer. 85 brave FMLers stepped up to the challenge. At the end of the Summer season, no one was within $30 mil of my Summer total.

SOME of you in the FMLverse latched onto the "cute" little stunt that "Sharkhunter" ran last Fall where this ALT tried to prove that the BSA could be beaten. Well, we all know that in Jaws, The Orca ended up at the bottom of Nantucket Sound, and Sharkhunter? Well, let's just say....

So, FMLers, the time has come: Side games and contests are plentiful, and loads of fun. BUT, don't you want to be the one (or more than one) who can lay claim that they beat the BSA at its own game, and ended FML's longest winning streak?!?

https://fantasymovieleague.com/league/43768
Password: Streakbreaker

As always....

giphy.gif

25 Replies

• Reply #1

giphy.gif

@stark · The Majestic Starkplex
    Jun 2, 2019, 6:14pm PDT
  • Reply #2

I will accept your challenge. Now I have a challenge for you. For the BSA, always choose the movie the most likely of proving the BSA incorrect. Take a risk and put your streak on the line. Or we just end up with a similar result as last time.

@waco_kid · The Waco Kidplex
    Jun 2, 2019, 6:17pm PDT
  • Reply #3

Well...since you brought him up and I personally know Sharkhunter and you dared speak ill of him...I thought it would be best to remind you that during that Fall Season in which Sharkhunter played at least one screen of the BSAed film in his cineplex...

His final ranking was #144

https://fantasymovieleague.com/entry/118671?weekId=188

And yours was...#299

https://fantasymovieleague.com/entry/21549?leagueId=2&weekId=188

I mean...that isn't even close.

@the_hersh · The Hersh
    Jun 2, 2019, 6:28pm PDT
  • Reply #4

We're going again, huh?

Count me in.

tenor.gif

@plexy · Plexy △
    Jun 2, 2019, 6:32pm PDT
  • Reply #5

I'll join if you rename the contest BSWhite Privilege. I know I'm going back to the well with this one, but it's kinda perfect what with the inherent advantages and lack of lineup agency...

@hammock · No Plex Zone
    Jun 2, 2019, 6:38pm PDT
  • Reply #6

giphy.gif

@fourthwall · Fourth Wall
    Jun 2, 2019, 11:52pm PDT
  • Reply #7

Let's see if the FML pricing gurus put FML in an immediate deficit, with what I think could happen with this week's pricing!

giphy.gif

Jun 3, 2019, 10:04am PDT
  • Reply #8

I'll be joining this again. But I also wanted to propose, alongside others, a twist to this. We are forced to play the BSA each week, you should name a movie that you believe will be in the PC at the time of your BSA, and you should be forced to play that movie at least once in your final lineup.

@seesomething · IYSSSS (IOU)
    Jun 3, 2019, 10:35am PDT
  • Reply #9

Reaction to the Week 1 pricing for some potential BSA candidates:

giphy.gif

Jun 3, 2019, 6:44pm PDTEdited
  • Reply #10

I bet he goes Rocketman.

@arachnidmale · Andy's XXX Sexyplex Film Emporium
    Jun 3, 2019, 6:56pm PDT
Add Reply