Gauging interesting in a Low Stakes League...

@dylan · Biff
May 28, 2019, 9:05am PDTEdited

So, for those unaware, there's a High Stakes League that has been running for several seasons, where 10-20 of us throw away $50 each season to a much happier winner. It's proven fun for us degenerates, but sometimes is difficult to find enough takers.

However, the success of the Beatdown league (wait, people like big, big money?!) led to some talk of a lower stakes league. Beatdown manager to get thousands to enter. Think of a melding between the two - a short-term league with a low cost to enter ($10 or $20?), but if we were to get even 100 people at $10 a pop, a sweet $1000 winner-take-all format for 4-6 weeks of "work."

[Note: current setup is 80%/15%/5% split amongst 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. With 50 players, this would be $400/$75/$25 payouts.]

If there's enough interest, I'm willing to host and administer. If you're game, join the league and comment in the Welcome post. I think I'll set the minimum limit for players at 50; with that many, we'll begin 6/7 with a 6-week league.

League: https://fantasymovieleague.com/league/43679
PW: penniesfromheaven

25 Replies

• Reply #21

@marty Can you message me on discord? I can't seem to find you on there.

@2001 I can't find you on Discord to message you. I'm not too familiar with it myself as I just joined it. My username on it is @Marty.

Hey Marty can you email me at

@2001 · 2001: A Cineplex △
    May 31, 2019, 4:48pm PDTEdited
  • Reply #22

Bump for friends losing money

@shrugg · ¯\_(ツ)_/¯s
    Jun 2, 2019, 4:50am PDT
  • Reply #23

Time to gauge interest in a season 2 of the Low Stakes League. The first season wraps up this coming week. If there's enough interest in a second season, we will likely go forward with it starting with week 8 of Summer. To recap:

This is a $10 entry fee league. It is a 6-week season with a 80%/15%/5% split amongst 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. For example, with 50 players, this would be $400/$75/$25 payouts.

If there's enough interest, I'm willing to host and administer. If you're game, join the league and comment in the Welcome post.

League: https://fantasymovieleague.com/league/43679
    PW: penniesfromheaven

@dylan · Biff
    Jul 8, 2019, 2:46pm PDT
  • Reply #24

Bump.

If you're in it and want it to continue or you're not in and would like to join, do so now! Without enough interest the league will be going away...

Info to join above.

@dylan · Biff
    Jul 15, 2019, 5:09pm PDT
  • Reply #25

Sounds like you need someone to bring the heat 🔥

@furiosa · Sir Julius
    Jul 15, 2019, 6:25pm PDT
Add Reply