ALERT: 4-Day Memorial Day Box Office Weekend & Aladdin Split!

@fmlqa · FML Quality Assurance
May 21, 2019, 6:02pm PDT

Memorial Day means it's an extra day of box office dollars being tabulated by the movie industry, and by FML. In addition to the regular Friday, Saturday and Sunday tallies, Monday will also count this weekend. This also means that the following week will begin a day later than usual, on Tuesday May 28th.

Additionally, we have Aladdin available as a split this weekend! You have two options you can screen: FRI-SAT Aladdin, or SUN-MON Aladdin. As the names imply, you get the box office results for those days only and not the full weekend total as with all other films. So, if you think it's going to be frontloaded and people will turn out when it opens, go FRI-SAT! Or if you think it will have good SUN-MON holiday legs, SUN-MON is your choice! And of course you can go with options that include no Aladdin too if you think it's going to bomb.

Any questions? Particularly if you're new, go ahead and ask here! I'll be sure to answer - but one of the great & friendly FML folks will probably beat me to it. :)

7 Replies

• Reply #1

Where is the best place to find historical stats on how other movies have performed during Memorial Day weekend?

@userlroa8r · lillimarieb's Cineplex
    May 22, 2019, 1:22pm PDT
  • Reply #2

Boxoffice mojo

@chocoplex · Chocoplex
    May 22, 2019, 1:39pm PDT
  • Reply #3

From the first Aladdin reviews, I doubt the legs will kick in, and that's assuming there's a body to begin with. It's gone through a rough production process, so it's highly likely it's not going to open well.
    My advice: Don't pick Aladdin.

@ashgreninja · Master of Everything Studios
    May 23, 2019, 5:06am PDT
  • Reply #4

From the first Aladdin reviews, I doubt the legs will kick in, and that's assuming there's a body to begin with. It's gone through a rough production process, so it's highly likely it's not going to open well.
    My advice: Don't pick Aladdin.

@ashgreninja · Master of Everything Studios
    May 23, 2019, 5:06am PDT
  • Reply #5

From the first Aladdin reviews, I doubt the legs will kick in, and that's assuming there's a body to begin with. It's gone through a rough production process, so it's highly likely it's not going to open well.My advice: Don't pick Aladdin.

Are you positive about this? Just playing devil's advocate. I checked Box Office Report and they have this at an 88 million dollar opening weekend. Split wise I'm thinking 50mil Fri and Sat and 38 mil for Sun Mon. Also 4,100 screens and Sulli just reported that the majority of the drive inns are showing Aladian. Might want to reconsider? But hey if you anchor something else I totally understand.

@zman2018 · Bubba Ho Tep's Cineplex!
    May 23, 2019, 6:22am PDT
  • Reply #6

Let's wait and watch to see how you the 6 pm early screenings go. But, I think it shouldn't pull a Dumbo remake where it bombed badly.

But, let's not jump to conclusions, let's just look at the tonight's early showings before we decide.. that's what I'm going to do

@bulldoggoer · Bulldog's dawg pound
    May 23, 2019, 10:42am PDT
  • Reply #7

See

@user6oxgy9 · jakesilbermann's Cineplex
    May 27, 2019, 7:22am PDT
Add Reply