How Is There A $7 Million Difference This Week?

@userr8xzzw · mistercline1's Cineplex
May 20, 2019, 4:33am PDT

Why is there a $7 million difference between the perfect lineup and the most popular lineup this past week? The only difference is a Captain Marvel instead of a Shazam, which only had about a $200,000 difference. How does that make any sense?

4 Replies

• Reply #1

Shazam is BP, which gets a $2M bonus. Add that to the $5M bonus for PC and there's the $7M difference.

@chocoplex · Chocoplex
    May 20, 2019, 4:36am PDT
  • Reply #2

Because Shazam is the best performer, therefore receives a 2m bonus, and the perfect cineplex receives a 5m bonus. So that's 7m difference.

@time_is_illmatic · My friends, you bow to no one
    May 20, 2019, 4:36am PDT
  • Reply #3

Oh thank you guys. I am new to this, so I am still trying to figure it out. I had no idea about any bonuses. How is Shazam BP if Captain Marvel made more though?

@userr8xzzw · mistercline1's Cineplex
    May 22, 2019, 8:19pm PDT
  • Reply #4

The Best Performer bonus is based on the return on investment.
    Captain Marvel made $735,998, but cost $12 in FML money to buy a screen of it, meaning it made $61,333 at the box office for every FML dollar spent.
    Shazam did make less, at $660,710, but it only cost $6 in FML money to buy a screen, making the value $110,118 at the box office for each FML dollar spent.
    Since that return on investment was the best of any movie this past weekend, it received a $2 million bonus, which is added to each screen of it that was purchased.

@bdc · Billion Dollar Cineplex △
    May 23, 2019, 12:27am PDT
Add Reply