Join the Worst Performer League - Summer 2019

@the_hersh · The Hersh
May 14, 2019, 4:24pm PDT

The WPL is a chimera of sorts combining aspects of STEVE's Bonus League, Race to the Bottom, and the $0 Cineplex game.

You will advance each week if your cineplex satisfies two criteria:
1) It must contain at least one screen of that week's Worst Performing Movie.
2) Your box office total for the week must not "zero" out. In other words, your box office for the week must equal at least $1

To assist you in this endeavor, bonuses will be added to or deducted from your cineplex total as follows:

Empty Screens: +$5,000,000
Best Performer: +$5,000,000
Worst Performer: -$2,000,000

There will be no PC bonus or penalty.

The winner will be the player who survives all 13 weeks of the Summer season with the LOWEST cineplex total.

And the fun thing is…no spreadsheets necessary!

The actual competition will start with the first week of the Summer season (June 7-9) but I've opened the league for the last 2 weeks of the Spring season to allow some time for folks to get the hang of game play.

League: https://fantasymovieleague.com/league/43418

Password:
theweakshallthrive

You won't be able to make any picks until the week rolls over on Monday (5/20) but I'll open a pinned chat thread on the League Chatter so if you have any questions feel free to hit me up there or over here.

18 Replies

• Reply #11

There are definitely weeks when playing FML requires wearing a helmet. Usually when we have splits.

@old_crow · The Old Crow Picture Show
    May 29, 2019, 6:00am PDT
  • Reply #12

Humpity Bumpity!

@the_hersh · The Hersh
    May 29, 2019, 9:05am PDT
  • Reply #13

I'm 0 for 1 so far on picking the WP. I had it in my grasp and it was stolen from me when Sun is A Star decided oh I'm going to be a good Memorial Day chick flick... stupid freggin movie! Oh well at least it's not as bad as this chick flick...

@zman2018 · The Million Dollar Man Ted Debiose (R)
    May 29, 2019, 9:23am PDT
  • Reply #14

@zman2018 I'm 0 for 1 so far on picking the WP. I had it in my grasp and it was stolen from me when Sun is A Star decided oh I'm going to be a good Memorial Day chick flick... stupid freggin movie! ... .... ...... or was it case of Poms saying "WP ? here Hold my beer" ,,,, Poms official announcement when it entered the FML slate .,,

@old_crow · The Old Crow Picture Show
    May 29, 2019, 10:07am PDT
  • Reply #15

Thursday is a good day to sign up for the league. Make sure you get in before lock so you can set practice lineup before we start for really reals next week!

@the_hersh · The Hersh
    May 30, 2019, 5:04am PDT
  • Reply #16

Bump

@zman2018 · The Million Dollar Man Ted Debiose (R)
    May 30, 2019, 5:22am PDT
  • Reply #17

League starts on Friday! You've only got a few days to sign up!!!!

DO IT DO IT DO IT!

@the_hersh · The Hersh
    Jun 3, 2019, 7:53am PDT
  • Reply #18

24 hours to sign up for the most exciting side game in FML history!

warning: may not be most exciting side game in FML history

@the_hersh · The Hersh
    Jun 6, 2019, 5:55am PDT
Add Reply