Tuesday Takes: Spicey Advicey

@jakthird · jakthird (R)
Apr 23, 2019, 5:03pm PDTEdited

Tuesday Takes: Spicy Advicey

Good evening FML - and welcome to a new weekly thread that seeks to spice up the conversation about this game we love so much and provide some advice on quality products to add heat into your food life. The idea for this thread came from our (@protagonist and @jakthird) mutual obsession for hot sauce and the observation that there are usually many people sharing "hot takes" throughout the week.

So, each week we will share one of our favorite hot sauces and give you a review of how to best use it in your food life. We will also try to share a weblink in case you want to purchase it and eat along with us! Related to the game, we will also share our "hot take" related to the FML slate of movies this week. In future weeks, we will give a recap of how we did.

This week our hot sauce Spicy Advicey is Iguana Gold. This hot sauce made in Costa Rica that is prepared in a traditional Caribbean style. It has a mustard base and notes of vinegar and uses habanero peppers to bring the heat. Because of the inclusion of other vegetables the heat level of this sauce is less than some other Caribbean style pepper sauces which makes this a tremendously versatile hot sauce. This is a hot sauce that I would feel just as comfortable using on eggs as I would mixing with mac and cheese. Because of the mustard base the texture of the sauce and its consistency is also pretty smooth which allows for easy incorporation into dishes. The heat level is solid but unlike some other pepper sauces from the Caribbean the other flavors moderate the heat level so feel free to shake the bottle a few more times!

Check out Iguana Gold here:

Iguana-Gold-Island-Pepper-Sauce__21511.1472756153.jpg

https://www.halfmoonbaytrading.com/sauces/iguana-gold-island-pepper-sauce
(We are just sharing our own views - we are not promoters nor are we being compensated for any sales)

For FML purposes, our Spicy Advicey is:

Avengers: Endgame drops less than 10% Saturday to Sunday.

Will the Night King play a part in the demise of Thanos? We think not… Vincent Pricing has laid the gauntlet down. You can play Sunday multiple times this week, but with an implied drop of 17%, some of you might be thinking about playing Friday, or even Saturday. Not so fast! This week's spicy advicey doesn't just think Endgame will meet Infinity War's 15.7% drop and provide better value than Saturday. Sunday will drop 10% (OR LESS) from Saturday and give you the premier value this weekend and be in your PC!

Prebuy Mania
If you were planning on seeing Endgame this weekend, I hope you bought your tickets ahead! People have been posting many instances of their local cineplex having only front row seats or single seats in weird locations on Sundays. The demand for this movie has driven people to buy tickets over the weekend. People aren't just loading up on Thursday, as the heat has spread all through the weekend.

No Commitments
Cineplexes will be purging any screens that aren't selling to accommodate late to the party Endgame viewers this weekend. The only movies with a second week commitment are the Curse of La Llorona and Breakthrough (which Disney can decide to purge since they own Fox), everything else is fair game to make room for the king.

Runtime Blues
There is a limit to how many showings they can even add, as Endgame clocks in at a monster 3 hour runtime. Because of this, people will be forced to see it on Sunday, whether they like it or not! Saturday may reach the limit of what is possible on any single cineplex day, with nothing in the way to stop it. This leaves Sunday there to soak up all the overflow!

12 Replies

• Reply #1

Got hot takes? Post them in the comments below... I got another one. Captain Marvel is closer to WP than BP.

@protagonist · The Force A-Nathan-s
    Apr 23, 2019, 5:26pm PDT
  • Reply #2

I'll jump in!

None of the Endgame days make Top 3 value

@banejo · Naturalized Bane-Jo Sudswater
    Apr 23, 2019, 6:55pm PDT
  • Reply #3

@banejo I'll jump in!

@jakthird · jakthird (R)
    Apr 23, 2019, 7:08pm PDT
  • Reply #4

I'll jump in!

Bane has said some crazy things in the past, but this isn't one of them. I support this hot take!

@20thcentury_flops · 20th Century Flops
    Apr 23, 2019, 7:18pm PDT
  • Reply #5

@20thcentury_flops I'll jump in!

Bane has said some crazy things in the past, but this isn't one of them. I support this hot take!

@jakthird · jakthird (R)
    Apr 23, 2019, 7:26pm PDT
  • Reply #6

My hott take is that Captain Marvel will find a way to match or surpass the 8.7 mil that was predicted by @toddmthatcher and will be a good value for this weekend.

@zman2018 · The Great One's Cineplex
    Apr 23, 2019, 7:39pm PDT
  • Reply #7

PC will have at least one Endgame in the lineup. Too hot?

@punk · Light My Wick
    Apr 23, 2019, 11:34pm PDT
  • Reply #8

I love this new thread.

Unfortunately, I live in a country where Tabasco is considered a hot sauce. If any of my fellow FML'ers ever wants to hit me up with a parcel of hot sauces (I am willing to pay of course), let me know. fourthwallfml at gmail dot com.

About the hot take itself. Possibly. No idea. To be honest. What is the hottest thing here is @20th_century_flops agreeing with @banejo.

@fourthwall · Fourth Wall
    Apr 24, 2019, 2:03am PDT
  • Reply #9

@punk Awesome hott take. That would be boom sauce bro! Not too hott. Not too spicy. Just right ;). Just like the popeyes lady always says... Louisiana fast.

@zman2018 · The Great One's Cineplex
    Apr 24, 2019, 3:40am PDT
  • Reply #10

OMG @20thcentury_flops agreed with me

OMG @20thcentury_flops knows that I've said crazy things

OMG @20thcentury_flops notices me

@banejo · Naturalized Bane-Jo Sudswater
    Apr 24, 2019, 7:27am PDT
Add Reply