Marvel Marathon!

@ari · Ari's Amphitheater of Moving Pictures
Apr 23, 2019, 10:33am PDT

Is anyone going to this? A 59-hour 22-movie Marvel marathon? If so, I have a lot of questions that I would love to know the answer to. Put your phone away for now, enjoy the movies, and let me know on Friday because I'm so curious about this!
https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/marvel-studios-22-movie-marathon-59916

10 Replies

• Reply #1

I actually wouldn't mind seeing some of these on the big screen again but not enough to sit through this marathon. Plus, I figure that by the time Endgame finally came around, I'd be too exhausted to enjoy it.

@vondruke · KFBR392
    Apr 23, 2019, 11:17am PDT
  • Reply #2

My son is actually going to the marathon in LA The Captain and from my understanding they will have breaks, food, and will be able to fall asleep in the theater if they want to!! For me couldn't do it too exhausting for me!!

@user7k587g · castleflower30's Cineplex
    Apr 23, 2019, 11:24am PDT
  • Reply #3

Sounds like a vacation in hell.

@ingy · Inglourious Basterd
    Apr 23, 2019, 12:39pm PDT
  • Reply #4

For the life of me, I don't know why they run these as a full marathon rather than a series.

Start on Mon, play shows every 2.5 hours, say 10am, 1230, 3, 530, 8, 1030. People can buy a series pass to watch however many they want, or just individual shows if someone wants to catch say the original Avengers again on the big screen.

@mem · BigMem Consulting Services
    Apr 23, 2019, 12:59pm PDT
  • Reply #5

I mean, I'd rather sit in the theater for 59 straight hours than for 96

For the life of me, I don't know why they run these as a full marathon rather than a series. Start on Mon, play shows every 2.5 hours, say 10am, 1230, 3, 530, 8, 1030. People can buy a series pass to watch however many they want, or just individual shows if someone wants to catch say the original Avengers again on the big screen.

Apr 23, 2019, 1:55pm PDT
  • Reply #6

I mean, I'd rather sit in the theater for 59 straight hours than for 96

For the life of me, I don't know why they run these as a full marathon rather than a series. Start on Mon, play shows every 2.5 hours, say 10am, 1230, 3, 530, 8, 1030. People can buy a series pass to watch however many they want, or just individual shows if someone wants to catch say the original Avengers again on the big screen.

But in mems scenario you go home, wash, sleep in your own bed and come back.

@fourthwall · Fourth Wall
    Apr 23, 2019, 2:00pm PDT
  • Reply #7

These are all downtown locations, so probably figure about an hour for commute. 15 hours at a theater only gives you 7 outside of it. I'd still rather sit in the theater for 2.5 days straight than 4 full days. Plus, takes away from the whole "Marathon" thing which I think is why you consider it in the first place

But this is getting away from the point. I want to find someone who does this to pepper them with questions.

Apr 23, 2019, 2:08pm PDT
  • Reply #8

I've been slowly doing a marathon of the Marvel movies over the last 11 years or so.

@nsa · NSA Drafthouse (PUGS)
    Apr 23, 2019, 5:04pm PDT
  • Reply #9

Okay, back in the the 70's, I attended a five movie marathon of the Planet of the Apes series. My friends and I moved to new seats for each movie and managed to stay awake for the whole 11 hours. Movie concessions were basically pop, popcorn, candy and an uneatable hot dog.

Closest I've come to repeating that was the LotR marathon at a friend's house on New Years.

@kevin · Satellite of Love (SOL) (R)
    Apr 23, 2019, 5:31pm PDT
  • Reply #10

@ari here are the answers to your questions:

1. Very numb
    2. I was married when the marathon began but am single now
    3. Diapers
    4. I trained my body to instantly fall asleep whenever Jeremy Renner appears and to wake at the sound of Chris Evans' voice.
    5. Personal hygiene is a myth
    @genaros_bear · The Tardigrex
    Apr 23, 2019, 6:00pm PDT
Add Reply