Coming Attractions: Weekend of March 22-24

@fmlqa · FML Quality Assurance
Mar 18, 2019, 8:48am PDT

There's one big new release coming to theaters and FML this weekend . . . and then there are a few others we're taking a hard look at for possible inclusion as well. Here is what we're looking at right now:

• Us
  • Apollo 11
  • Gloria Bell
  • Cruel Intentions (20th anniversary re-release)

Got any good info to share on those last three? Or have a good reason why one or more of these definitely should, or should not, make the cut? Let us know about it here!

19 Replies

• Reply #1

I don't think the Cruel Intentions is getting as wide of a release as Schindler's List and may not even score any premium screens, so I think stick with the top 3

@iggy · Iggman
    Mar 18, 2019, 8:50am PDT
  • Reply #2

The articles I'm reading about the rerelease (such as this: https://www.slashfilm.com/cruel-intentions-theatrical-re-release-20th-anniversary/) claim that it will release "nationwide". I think it can make as much as $Schindler's List at least, and that made 566k. I think that would be more than what $Fighting With My Family would make next weekend.

ADD:
    Us
    Apollo 11
    Gloria Bell
    Cruel Intentions

DROP:
    Captain Marvel SAT
    Captain Marvel SUN
    Greta
    Fighting WIth My Family

@banejo · Naturalized Bane-Jo Sudswater
    Mar 18, 2019, 9:09am PDT
  • Reply #3

@iggy I don't think the Cruel Intentions is getting as wide of a release as Schindler's List and may not even score any premium screens, so I think stick with the top 3

Based on the local showings, that not the case. Seems to be about the same as Schindler's List

@lurker · Still Showing The End of Evangelion
    Mar 18, 2019, 9:17am PDT
  • Reply #4

If that is true, then I'd add it, since it also isn't running free screenings through the weekend

@iggy · Iggman
    Mar 18, 2019, 10:16am PDT
  • Reply #5

Cruel Intentions is definitely wide. Everywhere around here is getting it and they wouldn't otherwise.

Add all of those. An Us split would be cool too.

@mikescott85 · mikescott4485's Cineplex
    Mar 18, 2019, 11:39am PDT
  • Reply #6

If we're adding 3, don't think we're splitting Us. Even if you think the bottom is a problem, you're just shifting that to next week when only Dumbo and Unplanned opens so little to no gain

@furiosa · Furiosa
    Mar 18, 2019, 12:40pm PDTEdited
  • Reply #7

Well if we don't split Us then add all of them. If we do then don't.

@mikescott85 · mikescott4485's Cineplex
    Mar 18, 2019, 12:52pm PDT
  • Reply #8

Please don't add Cruel Intentions. SL was a 1993 film that made 96mil in 1993 dollars and won numerous Oscars and was Best Picture. The re-release made 566k. CI is a crappy Dangerous Liasions remake that made 38mil in 1999 dollars. Are we really expecting it to break out? I'm not.

@dylan · Biff
    Mar 18, 2019, 1:20pm PDT
  • Reply #9

GD we're gonna be stuck with Green Book for like a f$%#ing calendar year. So sick of that flick.

Add:
    Us
    Bell
    Apollo

Ditch:
    2 days of CM
    Greta

@dylan · Biff
    Mar 18, 2019, 1:27pm PDT
  • Reply #10

I agree w Biff dont add CI.

We could go crazy again. Double features. Or even more crazy (but probably easier to implement): BotR Gold / Silver / Bronze. Three BotR options priced differently, that will be filled with the top 3 movies not on the slate.

@fourthwall · Fourth Wall
    Mar 18, 2019, 1:59pm PDT
Add Reply