HELP

@animatedmadness · CineMadness
Mar 17, 2019, 7:45am PDT

I am so lost with this game. It seems like every week my rank gets worse and worse. This is fun to you guys? Cause I honestly feel like quitting. Being #1 seems impossible at this point. I know the prizes they give away are really wonderful (I'd love to win the Space Jam cel they are giving away this month), but the odds are worse than playing the Lottery. What the Hell is the point?

26 Replies

• Reply #1

There is no point other than fun. If you're not having fun, best walk away.

@snoop · Snoop D-O-Double G
    Mar 17, 2019, 7:47am PDT
  • Reply #2

There is a lot that goes into this game sure. But it seems as if you have the right idea. Most new people will usually play 8 different movies, and then complain that they don't understand the game. It is tough to learn at first (for most people), but it can be a lot of fun.

If you don't want to spend hours upon hours each week figuring out your lineup, then you should quit right now.

But if you're truly interested in getting better, then I would recommend reading the plethora of resources in the New Player Chat. There's a lot of helpful info over there. Also, start asking questions on the main chat. Somebody will have an answer for you.

It took me a whole season to get my first PC. I still don't think I'm all that great at this game. But I love playing it, and I've met some great people while doing so. It's just up to you to decide if you want to take the time.

@garbs · The Garbera Redemption (KotRT)
    Mar 17, 2019, 7:57am PDT
  • Reply #3

I kinda disagree. I should re-write my beginners guide. There are ways to have a shot without making this a part time job.

@fourthwall · Fourth Wall
    Mar 17, 2019, 8:04am PDT
  • Reply #4

I kinda disagree. I should re-write my beginners guide. There are ways to have a shot without making this a part time job.

Lol I second @fourthwall. I have a full time job, I'm serving at church, I'm involved with lots of other details in life, however I'm sitting in 8th place right now and I'm in the top 60 range for season showdown. Time had nothing to do with how good you are in FML. There's lots of people that have helped me within the first 3 weeks of this season to become a better player. There's good people on here that will littearly give you tips on how to be good. You just have to ask and understand what questions to ask :).

@zman2018 · Bubba Ho Tep's Cineplex!
    Mar 17, 2019, 8:31am PDT
  • Reply #5

Let me clarify that 8th place is in a private league with lots of members

@zman2018 · Bubba Ho Tep's Cineplex!
    Mar 17, 2019, 8:32am PDT
  • Reply #6

So let's start with the first question: What do you think you need help with?

@waco_kid · The Waco Kidplex
    Mar 17, 2019, 8:34am PDT
  • Reply #7

@waco_kid So let's start with the first question: What do you think you need help with?

Something tells me the answer will be "how does everybody end up on the same lineup?"

I think a better question would be, how did you end up on your lineup?

@garbs · The Garbera Redemption (KotRT)
    Mar 17, 2019, 8:45am PDT
  • Reply #8

If you don't want to spend hours upon hours each week figuring out your lineup, then you should quit right now.

I should quit?

@ingy · Inglourious Basterd
    Mar 17, 2019, 9:08am PDT
  • Reply #9

Wasn't expecting to get this much response. Lol. I'll read all the comments and elaborate on my lunch break. I am currently late for work.

@animatedmadness · CineMadness
    Mar 17, 2019, 9:32am PDT
  • Reply #10

I am not one to "run the numbers and do analysis" but I found a way to hit #1 in the weekly last week. Been at this two years I think and basically just look to improve upon my own abilities. My rank rides a roller coaster due to trying different strategies. Can you win the week? Yep. Read the chatter, understand the rules, ask questions and set a educated lineup every week. Make sure to set your tie breaker as that will be what separates you from the others with that weeks PC.

*and don't try and sabotage other lineups by promoting one thing and playing another.

@yallplayscared · That A**hole Minion (R)
    Mar 17, 2019, 9:50am PDT
Add Reply