Real Talk with Fake Names Returns to the Wonder Park

@waco_kid · The Waco Kidplex
Mar 15, 2019, 1:10pm PDT

Hello all, @waco_kid here with another week of Real Talk with Fake Names.
For those that are new, this is where we can discuss life outside FML.

So you may be asking "What has Waco been up to that we haven't had Real Talk for two weeks?" Well, sometimes you just need to disconnect and bigger things take priority. For me, that is getting my house cleaned and painted. Been definitely working on projects around my house and trying to relax. Hit up Captain Marvel last weekend. It was pretty good, but sitting in the front row blows. Went to a St. Patty's celebration in my downtown and the last bar we went to had my debit card stolen, so that was fun. The last two weeks of work have been difficult with deadlines looming at the end of the month. So this weekend I have a couple projects for my house. I need to paint another room in my house and repair the stair railing. On Wednesday I slipped down the stairs, grabbed the rail, and ripped it out of the wall. Might do something for St. Patty's day, but not sure. Depends on how hard I wanna push myself this weekend.

So what about you FML Universe?

8 Replies

• Reply #1

We've got mass flooding going around my parts. Got some water in the basement to dry up then probably go look at the flood waters

@william_fn_wallace · Extra Butter Fingers (R)
    Mar 15, 2019, 1:12pm PDT
  • Reply #2

@william_fn_wallace good luck. I know the Bomb Cyclone caused a ton of flooding in SD and NE. It will be coming to the KC MO area soon enough.

@waco_kid · The Waco Kidplex
    Mar 15, 2019, 1:25pm PDT
  • Reply #3

Thanks. It's a nasty SOB

Mar 15, 2019, 1:39pm PDT
  • Reply #4

Seems I'll be drinking again tonight. (Anyone in Discord can attest that it's not always a good thing. Lol) All I was told was "we want to show you something and it requires drinks" god only know what my friends have in store for me. :)

Tmr we are having game night. The usual suspects are coming over and we're most likely gonna play Secret Hitler....we do love our faction type group games because everyone is a traitor even when they aren't :)

@penny · Not Penny's Boat
    Mar 15, 2019, 3:10pm PDT
  • Reply #5

My Mom is quite sick and at 95 that means something, so I took FML (Family Medical Leave) from work and flew out to California last Monday. She is getting better each day and I'm hoping for the best but also brought my good suit.
    We are all staying with my sister and her husband. I have Leave until the end of April. As I said she is on the upswing.

For fun I look for Minneapolis on the newspaper weather map as it is 68 degrees here.

@kevin · Satellite of Love (SOL) (R)
    Mar 15, 2019, 4:57pm PDT
  • Reply #6

Best of luck with your mother. Hope she gets well.

Mar 15, 2019, 4:59pm PDT
  • Reply #7

Tough row to hoe, @kevin. God bless!

@faster · Faster (R)
    Mar 15, 2019, 11:15pm PDT
  • Reply #8

Had the last class of the quarter this week and I was very pleasantly surprised how positive my students were. Had a date tonight that went well. I've been asked to evaluate a book for an academic publisher so responsibilities are starting to pile up again.

@spr · Sequels, Prequels, and Reboots
    Mar 16, 2019, 12:04am PDT
Add Reply