@marvelgirl101 · msiddiqui05's Cineplex
Mar 13, 2019, 5:08am PDT

Hey guys, I'm new here! I think I've got the hang of this, but is there anything other than the basics that I should know? Thanks!

22 Replies

• Reply #1

If a new release has Thur night previews be sure to pay attention to its preview revenue. And typically strong scoring lineups consist of 2,3 or 4 different movies. I saw you planned on playing 6. Unless it's a rare super hedge week play less than 6 👍

@me_and_musk_on_marzz · The Old Crow Picture Show
    Mar 13, 2019, 5:26am PDT
  • Reply #2

Oh and welcome to the FML ! .. Be careful though , it's freaky fun & addictive !

@me_and_musk_on_marzz · The Old Crow Picture Show
    Mar 13, 2019, 5:27am PDT
  • Reply #3

@me_and_musk_on_marzz If a new release has Thur night previews be sure to pay attention to its preview revenue. And typically strong scoring lineups consist of 2,3 or 4 different movies. I saw you planned on playing 6. Unless it's a rare super hedge week play less than 6 👍

Thanks for the info! Lol I know I'm stupid (sorry 😂), but what do you mean by hedge week? Also, if I leave some screens open like you're suggesting, will I get to keep that extra money for the next weekend round? Or do I start back up again from $1,000? I did change my selection; is that a stronger bracket than my last one? Thanks so much!

Mar 13, 2019, 7:32am PDT
  • Reply #4

Welcome @marvelgirl101!

Have you gone through the beginner's guide yet?
    https://fantasymovieleague.com/chatter/board/new-player-info/topic/456731

@stark · The Majestic Starkplex
    Mar 13, 2019, 7:41am PDT
  • Reply #5

@marvelgirl101 @me_and_musk_on_marzz If a new release has Thur night previews be sure to pay attention to its preview revenue. And typically strong scoring lineups consist of 2,3 or 4 different movies. I saw you planned on playing 6. Unless it's a rare super hedge week play less than 6 👍

Thanks for the info! Lol I know I'm stupid (sorry 😂), but what do you mean by hedge week? Also, if I leave some screens open like you're suggesting, will I get to keep that extra money for the next weekend round? Or do I start back up again from $1,000? I did change my selection; is that a stronger bracket than my last one? Thanks so much!

Hedging is the idea that instead of trying to play a riskier lineup, you play a lineup with little chance of being the best lineup, but in most scenarios will be close to the best lineup. Some people do it, others don't.

On the money-every week you get 1000 dollars, regardless on how much you spend the previous week.

What's your current lineup, if I may ask?

@lurker · Still Showing The End of Evangelion
    Mar 13, 2019, 7:42am PDT
  • Reply #6

@stark Welcome @marvelgirl101!

Have you gone through the beginner's guide yet?https://fantasymovieleague.com/chatter/board/new-player-info/topic/456731

Thanks!

Mar 13, 2019, 8:06am PDT
  • Reply #7

@lurker @marvelgirl101 @me_and_musk_on_marzz If a new release has Thur night previews be sure to pay attention to its preview revenue. And typically strong scoring lineups consist of 2,3 or 4 different movies. I saw you planned on playing 6. Unless it's a rare super hedge week play less than 6 👍

Hedging is the idea that instead of trying to play a riskier lineup, you play a lineup with little chance of being the best lineup, but in most scenarios will be close to the best lineup. Some people do it, others don't.

On the money-every week you get 1000 dollars, regardless on how much you spend the previous week.

What's your current lineup, if I may ask?

Okay, hedging seems complicated, I won't do it right now 😂

Oh okay I thought you saved up or something lol

My current lineup is Fri Sat Sun Captain Marvel, 2 Alita's, 1 Isn't It Romantic, and 1 Fighting With My Family

Mar 13, 2019, 8:09am PDT
  • Reply #8

🎉Welcome to Fantasy Movie League🎉

I think Vince Lombardi said it best when he said, "You win some, you lose some. And sometimes you kick yourself because you had the PC but changed it at the last minute. But remember you live to fight another week"

@angelcake · Drew's Nickelodeon
    Mar 13, 2019, 8:18am PDT
  • Reply #9

@angelcake 🎉Welcome to Fantasy Movie League🎉

I think Vince Lombardi said it best when he said, "You win some, you lose some. And sometimes you kick yourself because you had the PC but changed it at the last minute. But remember you live to fight another week"

Thanks and I love that quote so much ❤️❤️❤️

Mar 13, 2019, 9:46am PDT
  • Reply #10

I see you have been rather vocal here being so new, That is great btw. So many new people don't speak up and get frustrated. We have this little group called the Resistance that will help you get better, quicker. If you have any interest in joining let me know. You can also find how to on the new player thread I believe.

@william_fn_wallace · Extra Butter Fingers (R)
    Mar 13, 2019, 10:42am PDT
Add Reply