Awards 2018-19 Lifetime Average Season Rankings

@austin · Austin Buyers Club
Mar 4, 2019, 7:38pm PST

• Spreadsheet with Average Player Rankings for FML's 15 Seasons
  • includes final Season Showdown rankings for every FML season
  • excludes your first season if you didn't start the first week of that season
  • excludes all seasons missing 3+ actively set lineups
  • only includes players who have played at least 3 seasons
  • only includes players with the top 1000 averages
  • excludes players who skipped last season and missed at least 3 weeks the previous season.
  • Previous Season's Post

This metric for grading long-term success has more flaws than PC%, but average rankings are easier to understand. Plus, this spreadsheet gives people a quick view of some of the best players' season-by-season rankings. Spreadsheet cells with darker colors have been excluded from calculations.

14 Replies

• Reply #1

I love this spreadsheet. It's very impressive. Thanks for this Austin!

@garbs · The Garbera Redemption (KotRT)
    Mar 4, 2019, 8:01pm PST
  • Reply #2

Eva (Mos Eisley) starring at the top and...rightfully so.

Quite impressive.

@fourthwall · Fourth Wall
    Mar 4, 2019, 10:22pm PST
  • Reply #3

Take out my two newbie seasons and I slot in right after Stark. If only I'd pegged Jumanji and Broly OW's...
    Love all the stats you throw at us @austin!

@bb · BB ◬
    Mar 4, 2019, 11:25pm PST
  • Reply #4

Those early seasons are the bane of my existence ?

@algoferoz · Rockinthe607's Awesomeplex △
    Mar 5, 2019, 7:10am PST
  • Reply #5

^
    You and me both. Austin's metrics are honestly what I care most about in this game. Had I known of Austin's spreadsheets before I started actually taking this game serious I would have started a new Cineplex instead of getting serious about the game with the original Cineplex.

Great work as always, Austin!

@sweep_the_leg · "Sweep The Leg"
    Mar 5, 2019, 8:25am PST
  • Reply #6

I as well. After I actually started playing halfway through Fall ‘16 I would've just turned my account into my alt. Still, having these kinds of stats developed by another player is quite awesome!

@bb · BB ◬
    Mar 5, 2019, 8:31am PST
  • Reply #7

Can we narrow this to just the last 9 seasons?

Signed,
    Someone who used to suck.

@protagonist · The Force A-Nathan-s
    Mar 5, 2019, 8:40am PST
  • Reply #8

There are a lot of different ways to look at season ranking data. You could omit bad seasons. You could weight recent seasons more heavily or delete early ones. You could count the N most recent or best seasons. Feel free to copy my spreadsheet, modify it, and post a different viewpoint. I mostly want to get the data to people in an easily digestible format. Column G on my sheet offers an average ranking with the worst season omitted, but that's just scratching the surface for another way to look at all of this information. Thanks for all the kind words and appreciating my hard work. You folks, the die-hards, are why I enjoy FML so much.

@austin · Austin Buyers Club
    Mar 5, 2019, 8:51am PST
  • Reply #9

Inside the top 100 without ever finishing in the top 100. I like this metric.

@raghy78d · Raïsh Mamoe
    Mar 5, 2019, 8:54am PST
  • Reply #10

There are a lot of different ways to look at season ranking data. You could omit bad seasons. You could weight recent seasons more heavily or delete early ones. You could count the N most recent or best seasons. Feel free to copy my spreadsheet, modify it, and post a different viewpoint. I mostly want to get the data to people in an easily digestible format. Column G on my sheet offers an average ranking with the worst season omitted, but that's just scratching the surface for another way to look at all of this information. Thanks for all the kind words and appreciating my hard work. You folks, the die-hards, are why I enjoy FML so much.

I add:
    Top 20 finishes
    Top 100 finishes
    Average Last 6 seasons
    Average Last 4 seasons
    Average Last 2 seasons

Thanks again, Austin. Love this thing.

@dylan · Biff
    Mar 5, 2019, 9:19am PST
Add Reply