Fave Film: Blumhouse

@angelcake · Drew's Nickelodeon
Feb 10, 2019, 11:15am PST

In honor of Happy Death Day 2U, we thought it'd be fun to see which Blumhouse film is your favorite! We all know the Pod's favorite is Truth or Dare but what about y'all? Are you particularly fond of the Paranormal Activity, Insidious, or Purge movies? What about Split or the newest addition of Glass? Let us know by clicking the Google doc link and letting us know! Thank you!

https://goo.gl/forms/EJb1BvnlmwOZuwMP2

giphy.gif

13 Replies

• Reply #1

Is there another answer besides Whiplash?

@ingy · Inglourious Basterd
    Feb 10, 2019, 10:31pm PST
  • Reply #2

giphy.gif

@kokichi · Kokichi's Supreme Screening
    Feb 11, 2019, 3:06am PST
  • Reply #3

Blumhouse definitely does not deserve to be the most hated modern production company. personally, that should belong to Entertainment Studios, Illumination (which is what I'd say is the worst) or Netflix, they easily pump out the worst content, although they each have the occasional spark of light, like Hostiles, Roma, or maybe the first Despicable Me, but it's mostly forgettable

@iggy · Iggman
    Feb 11, 2019, 6:30am PST
  • Reply #4

Some good movies on that list, but I ultimately went with Paranormal Activity as it's one of my favorite horror movies.

Whiplash, Split, Get Out, BlacKkKlansman, and Upgrade were all great.

@yktgftm · You know that guy from that movie...(R)
    Feb 11, 2019, 7:46am PST
  • Reply #5

I watched Upgrade last night. It was fantastic. I also really enjoyed Happy Death Day. I guess I need to start watching more Blumhouse.

@peters_theatre · Peter's Theat(r)e
    Feb 11, 2019, 10:16am PST
  • Reply #6

On further inspection of the poll, I guess I have seen several more. Get Out was obviously great, but I also enjoyed the Purge (haven't seen them all), the original PA, Split and The Visit.

@peters_theatre · Peter's Theat(r)e
    Feb 11, 2019, 10:19am PST
  • Reply #7

Guys, did you know that acclaimed director Robert Rodriguez has a movie coming out? You all should have done a fave RR movie list. Just sayin'. No way you burned that already since he hasn't had a movie in a while.

@phils_phun_phlicks · Phil's Phun Phlicks!
    Feb 11, 2019, 10:21am PST
  • Reply #8

Happy Death Day is the best. I hope the second is as good as the first!

@gemstone_pictures · Rubyplex
    Feb 11, 2019, 10:28am PST
  • Reply #9

@phils_phun_phlicks Guys, did you know that acclaimed director Robert Rodriguez has a movie coming out? You all should have done a fave RR movie list. Just sayin'. No way you burned that already since he hasn't had a movie in a while.

We burned it last weekend, with Gina Rodriguez

@iggy · Iggman
    Feb 11, 2019, 10:39am PST
  • Reply #10

@phils_phun_phlicks Guys, did you know that acclaimed director Robert Rodriguez has a movie coming out? You all should have done a fave RR movie list. Just sayin'. No way you burned that already since he hasn't had a movie in a while.

We burned it last weekend, with Gina Rodriguez

WAIT WHAT?!?!?!??!??!?!?????

@phils_phun_phlicks · Phil's Phun Phlicks!
    Feb 11, 2019, 2:45pm PST
Add Reply