Noobs! Ask strategy questions.

@dylan · Biff
Jan 29, 2019, 10:39am PST

Free help, from me and anyone else that feels like chiming in. Don't be shy. Get better. Thumbs up.

78 Replies

• Reply #1

What should I play this week? ;-)

@mem · BigMem Consulting Services
    Jan 29, 2019, 10:54am PST
  • Reply #2

What should I play this week? ;-)

8x Sanju

@dylan · Biff
    Jan 29, 2019, 11:12am PST
  • Reply #3

Long time listener, first time caller;

I don't have/want to invest too much time in a game - what's the one source of info you would say I would need to look at and when during the week?

This is a great idea @dylan

@penny · Not Penny's Boat
    Jan 29, 2019, 11:18am PST
  • Reply #4

Long time listener, first time caller;I don't have/want to invest too much time in a game - what's the one source of info you would say I would need to look at and when during the week? This is a great idea @dylan

Assuming it's working properly? http://analyzer.fmlnerd.com/showtimes/ It's the most concise look at the whole picture...if all 15 films are represented.

@dylan · Biff
    Jan 29, 2019, 11:42am PST
  • Reply #5

Why is everyone at the top cheating? There's no way that that many people can land on the same PCs each week.

@devil · Devil
    Jan 29, 2019, 12:00pm PST
  • Reply #6

How do you earn more money?

@b_rad · bad European night club
    Jan 29, 2019, 12:07pm PST
  • Reply #7

Aggressively calling me a noob is the surest way to my heart. That and Momoa eyes.

What do you look at this early in the week. I was told any information prior to Wednesday is almost useless for the weekend.

@undecided_voter · Yo Mouf for President △
    Jan 29, 2019, 12:18pm PST
  • Reply #8

Aggressively calling me a noob is the surest way to my heart. That and Momoa eyes.What do you look at this early in the week. I was told any information prior to Wednesday is almost useless for the weekend.

Think of it like your windshield defrosting. You wouldn't want to drive too far or too fast in those first few minutes when only a tiny window of clear glass has opened up, but it should point you in the right direction at least.

Monday dailies (and even how the films behaved over the prior FSS) won't give you enough of the picture, but - all else equal - they'll tell you what rating/genre and/or how well received the film in question is.

When Tuesday comes, you can glean something from Tues/prior Sunday. But yeah, the Wed daily unlocks all sorts of more meaningful metrics. Still, it's pretty easy to lay the foundation for your comps on Sunday and Monday.

@dylan · Biff
    Jan 29, 2019, 12:27pm PST
  • Reply #9

I haves a problem predicting _____ genre/audience demo. Fill in the blank and why

@furiosa · Furiosa
    Jan 29, 2019, 12:30pm PST
  • Reply #10

I haves a problem predicting _____ genre/audience demo. Fill in the blank and why

You don't have a problem predicting X genre so much as you get blinders of love for certain things. Most times, I'd expect you to still be directionally correct with said love, but they can also steer you towards inadvisable plays when you can't see beyond them not doing what you're expecting.

Or were you asking me to fill that out for myself? ;)

@dylan · Biff
    Jan 29, 2019, 12:56pm PST
Add Reply