ALERT: "Glass" a FRI-SAT/SUN-MON Split in FML!

@fmlqa · FML Quality Assurance
Jan 14, 2019, 4:38pm PST

As the clear box office favorite for the weekend, $Glass will be split into two options for the MLK Jr Day holiday weekend: FRI-SAT and SUN-MON options.

Is this the first time you've seen a split in Fantasy Movie League! Not to fear - it's simple. Just like any other movie, if you pick $Glass you'll get the box office it generates, but in this case you'll either add the Friday and Saturday showings (including Thursday previews), or the Sunday and Monday options, and only bank the revenue those movies made on those days. So, think $Glass will be front-loaded? FRI-SAT is the pick for you! But if you think it will build over the weekend, SUN-MON is the choice. Or, you can go with a combination of lower priced movies!

Any questions? Don't be shy to ask here. The FMLers are a friendly and helpful bunch, and they'll probably answer you before I can even get to it. :)

15 Replies

• Reply #1

I remember when I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) BSW suggested this idea and most of us were on board. Thanks for trying this out @fmlqa!

@peters_theatre · Peter's Theat(r)e
    Jan 14, 2019, 4:46pm PST
  • Reply #2

Will all the movies include revenues from Monday, or only Glass? Does that mean next week will begin on Tuesday at 5:00 PM PST?

@ldloeb · Loeb Octoplex
    Jan 14, 2019, 5:21pm PSTEdited
  • Reply #3

A split? So I guess Glass wasn't unbreakable after all ?‍♂️

(Last one, I promise)

@mem · BigMem
    Jan 14, 2019, 5:30pm PST
  • Reply #4

Splittin' Glass and takin' names !! ... Woot !

@me_and_musk_on_marzz · The Old Crow Picture Show
    Jan 14, 2019, 5:39pm PST
  • Reply #5

Great questions @ldloeb!

Because of Monday being the MLK Day holiday, this weekend will be a four day event in FML. This means, for all the movies available except the $Glass splits you will get Friday-Monday revenue (instead of Friday-Sunday, as in a regular week).

This also means that next week will start a day later than usual, at 5pm on Tuesday instead of Monday. I'll be posting a pinned alert about this later this week.

@fmlqa · FML Quality Assurance
    Jan 14, 2019, 5:42pm PSTEdited
  • Reply #6

I must say--I love what you did with the split!! Great decision!

@nowintechnicolor · Now in Technicolor!
    Jan 14, 2019, 7:27pm PST
  • Reply #7

Love the split, but... can you combine those little red triangles into one? Looks pretty silly with two in there.

fN4AwCT.jpg

@clever · Something Clever △
    Jan 14, 2019, 7:30pm PST
  • Reply #8

Love the split, but... can you combine those little red triangles into one? Looks pretty silly with two in there.

fN4AwCT.jpg

I like your version better than the one now, Clev. But, if they're trying to show it represents 2 distinct days . . . Maybe one triangle in each corner, but mirror image instead of in the same direction?

@omalpha · I Am The Omalpha
    Jan 14, 2019, 8:02pm PST
  • Reply #9

fN4AwCT.jpg

I like your version better than the one now, Clev. But, if they're trying to show it represents 2 distinct days . . . Maybe one triangle in each corner, but mirror image instead of in the same direction?

@omalpha · I Am The Omalpha
    Jan 14, 2019, 8:03pm PST
  • Reply #10

That is the key point. This is the first ever 2x2 split. I think the two triangles in the same corner does a good job of conveying that key message for the week.

@scorpio71 · Scorpio71's Cineplex
    Jan 14, 2019, 8:14pm PST
Add Reply