Real Talk with Fake Names Goes to an Escape Room

@waco_kid · The Waco Kidplex
Jan 4, 2019, 10:03am PST

Welcome Back to Real Talk. I'm the Waco Kid.

For those that are new, this thread allows us to discuss what is going on in our real lives this weekend outside of the Fantasy Movie League world.

Well, for one thing, I'm not going to an Escape Room. But I'll probably go see the film. I'll also be checking old paint left over from the previous owners of our house to determine what is good and what is bad. Other than that, NFL football on Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately will not get the Fox game because of a dispute between Spectrum and Tribune Media. Other than that, parents are coming to the house for the night as they trek south to their Winter home.

8 Replies

• Reply #1

Waco kid. FWIW, one thing I learned the hard way is that old paint may be the exact original color match but if you go to "touch up" any spots or areas you can get some discoloration. This being due to the painted walls fading or getting discolored from light, smoke (candles, fireplace or otherwise) and other discolorations. Better to paint that whole wall/area where you would use it.

Boring weekend for me. FA cup action tomorrow. Helping set up for a trade show on Sunday then flying out early Monday for work.

@hmg · Hoosier Movie Guy
    Jan 4, 2019, 10:23am PST
  • Reply #2

Friday Night Movies tonight. That's about it. Happy to have a weekend with so little on the slate.

@ingy · Inglourious Basterd
    Jan 4, 2019, 12:15pm PST
  • Reply #3

You're best priming the walls and repainting anyways. If you're putting latex paint over oil paint, you're gonna have a bad time.

@ingy · Inglourious Basterd
    Jan 4, 2019, 12:16pm PSTEdited
  • Reply #4

I love escape rooms. Im not super interested in the movie though. If I could get my SS prize I would be willing to check it out this weekend. Still waiting on that though.

@stark · The Majestic Starkplex
    Jan 4, 2019, 12:20pm PST
  • Reply #5

@stark have you tried sliding into their twitter DMs?

Jan 5, 2019, 6:55am PST
  • Reply #6

Also a note to homeowners. An accent wall adds something to each room. Having each room be a different color is annoying and tacky.

Jan 5, 2019, 6:56am PST
  • Reply #7

@stark have you tried sliding into their twitter DMs?

I have not, Iv just been emailing. Do you feel they respond better to tweets?

@stark · The Majestic Starkplex
    Jan 5, 2019, 9:16am PST
  • Reply #8

I think any way you can get a hold of them, the better...social media, carrier pidgeon.

Jan 5, 2019, 9:22am PST
Add Reply