THE TOP 30 OF 2019: THE GAME!
Thanks to the 49 FMLers who assisted in creating FML's Most Anticipated Movies of 2019! And now, here they are!
"Hey Phil, it looks like this list is going to be turned into some kind of game. Again."
CORRECT!... Again. I listed each movie with its release date in the order of our survey results. The challenge is simple... RANK 'EM! Simply rank the movies 1-30 in the order of how much they will gross in 2019. The winner might get something... I got a year to figure it out after all. Anywho, rules...
1) Enter your name and your 1-30 ranking in a new column on the spreadsheet above. Row 32 includes a check cell. If that cell doesn't add up to 465 (green highlight), you did something wrong. Fix it, or your entry will be invalid.
2) Ranking of each movie will be determined by 2019 grosses only. I'd say consider this when your ranking a certain movie about a Galaxy Far Far Away...
3) Scoring will be based on the absolute value difference between your ranking guess and the actual ranking. As a result, the LOWEST score wins here.
4) If you nail a ranking exactly, you'll receive a 5 pt bonus deduction from your score.
5) TIEBREAKER: Below your list, pick THREE movies not on the Top 30 list. You will get a bonus equal to the number of movies your bonus picks beat in 2019 grosses.
The first movie on the list being released is Glass on 1/18. So I'll make the deadline 1/18 at 3 PM EST/Noon Pacific. If you want, feel free to enter a "coma lineup" and revise up until that date. Good luck all! And Happy 2019!
Also, if nothing else, it's fun to see how we ranked movies for Most Anticipated.Jan 4, 2019, 9:43am PST
Pikachu #3Jan 4, 2019, 11:04am PST
For funsies, here are everyone's most anticipated rankings:Jan 4, 2019, 5:55pm PST
I just want to clarify what you said: This is only what a movie makes during the 2019 calendar year. No spill over into 2020, so we'll know a winner once 12/31 actuals are reported.Jan 4, 2019, 7:37pm PST
Correct @larsJan 4, 2019, 7:58pm PST
Total gross for 2019, not just weekend, yes?Jan 5, 2019, 5:13am PST
Opening weekend that isJan 5, 2019, 5:13am PST
Total democratic shrugs in calendar year!Jan 5, 2019, 5:20am PST
Total gross for 2019, not just weekend, yes?
CorrectJan 5, 2019, 7:27am PST
Is this domestic or worldwide?Jan 6, 2019, 4:12am PST