Price Guessing - Awards Week 3
Welcome to Price Guessing, the side game where players guess the prices of new releases on the FML slate.
Please list your guesses for AQUAMAN (Split/No Split), MARY POPPINS RETURNS, BUMBLEBEE, SECOND ACT, AND WELCOME TO MARWEN here: https://goo.gl/forms/PNLpKPZRk8qNfDUq2
Week 2 Top 5:
- BrandonJ (87 pts)
- GD (91 pts)
- Carrstaway (92 pts)
- ChrisFHD (95 pts)
- Exxdee (119 pt)
Season Top 5:
Awards 2018 sheet: https://goo.gl/URZF1E
Fall 2018 final results: https://goo.gl/j8TF2S
Rules, Scoring, & Prizes:
- Follow the link posted above to submit an entry. You can also comment with your guesses and I will have them added, but please don't rely on this every week.
- Enter prices between $1 and $1000 that you think we'll be given by the pricing gods the next week. Deadline: Monday 8PM ET
- You can enter as many times as you would like, but I will only accept your latest submission.
- Your score will be the difference in guessed price and actual price. I.e. If you guess 25 for a movie that costs 75, your score for the week will be 50 points. That applies for guessing both too low and too high.
- Your scores for every movie will be added up and that will be your weekly score. Then your weekly scores will be added to your season score. At the end of the season, the player with the least amount of points will be the Fall Price Guessing champion.
- The penalty for missing an entire week is the rounded average of all active players' scores for the week multiplied by x1.33.
- The seasonal prize for winning the entire season is a $10 Amazon gift card.
- The weekly prize for scoring a perfect week (0 points) with a minimum of 3 new releases is a $25 Amazon gift card OR a $25 gift card to your choice of any movie ticketing website/app.
Pre-Pricing Predictions by LaLaLight: https://fantasymovieleague.com/chatter/board/fml-main-chatter/topic/569549
FMLympics - Awards by Plexy △: https://goo.gl/L1JMF4
Did I miss anything this week? Leave a suggestion in the comments.
Do you think there's a chance Aquaman gets split? I'm toying with pre-pricing and there are honestly so many definite and likely additions to the slate that I can't seem to find a real justification for splitting Aquaman, especially with Poppins, Bumblebee, and Spidey being totally viable anchorsDec 15, 2018, 4:25pm PST
I'm leaning no split. Like you said, there'll just be too many anchor options and we're looking at 5 and possibly more new releases next week. But Aquaman keeps trending up (13% LRF increase this week iirc) and I want to play it safe by including both ways. It's going to be a good one.Dec 15, 2018, 4:36pm PST
I think they could add Zero.
Although, I suspect people will be against adding it.Dec 16, 2018, 3:49am PST
No submissions yet, though that's normal this early in the weekend, so I've added Zero to the form. I also made Beale St. and Zero optional. Thanks for the suggestion! I really appreciate the input.Dec 16, 2018, 5:00am PST
Bump for Pre-Pricing Predictions.Dec 16, 2018, 2:15pm PST
Or They Shall Not Grow Old, being in over 1000 theaters, I think it would be that or ZeroDec 16, 2018, 4:32pm PST
@gd, will we get Mary Queen of Scots added here too? Or is it too late? It's getting 700 theaters.Dec 17, 2018, 4:44am PST
Dec 17, 2018, 5:46am PST
can you put me down for 19 for Scary Mary please..
i'm holding firm on not putting a number for Zero down though.... lets hope that pans outDec 17, 2018, 8:27am PSTEdited
@gd can you add me for 21 for Mary please?Dec 17, 2018, 10:30am PST