[Public Beta Release] Fandango Tracking / Movie Tickets tracking
UPDATED 16 MAY 2018
"A deal is a promise and a promise is unbreakable." Diana Prince, Wonder Woman (2017)
Fandango Pulse is a data visualization that pushes a subset of total tickets to its DV interface. Using the Fandango developer tools, I capture the batches of tickets and output them hourly to the files below.
I've been alpha testing the Fandango Pulse tracking and MovieTickets Top 5 tracking since Jan 30th of this year. I'm moving it to public beta now.
Now for the good stuff...
- The Fandango Pulse pipeline. All of the ticket sales presented to pulse.http://akvalley.pythonanywhere.com/static/Fandango_track.txt
- Movie Tickets Top 5http://akvalley.pythonanywhere.com/static/MT_track.txt
Fandango reports limited to FML weekly movie lineup. These require me to change the lineups on late Mondays/overnight on Tuesdays. Please be patient.
- Fandango report : cumulative ticket sales by show datehttp://akvalley.pythonanywhere.com/static/fandango_report.txt
- Fandango report with ticket purchase date, totals by day and by movie.http://akvalley.pythonanywhere.com/static/fandango_daily.txt
- Same as above. The data freezes before lock time for those players building predictive data models.http://akvalley.pythonanywhere.com/static/fandango_daily_locked.txt
- Fandango Pulse Tracking History: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zNm6jmYaVu4doQWQR6psnxz6f2AMSuKVlfEe6TOnZ5k/edit#gid=1758182291
- Fandango Pulse Purchase History: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NBK-Sj8qK3GXl-iOdHYeD94YRNxWJ9HqZ9OKdGoSx2o/edit#gid=1246392742
WARNING: I will change these locations at some point in the future when I move them from beta to production. But, I will keep you updated as well.
Have fun. Don't overdose on this data. It's one data point out of many.
Thanks, alpha testers, everywhere. Could not have gotten to this point without your input.
? ? Excellent workMar 23, 2018, 6:05pm PDT
Thanks as always, AK! Whoever tells BOT about this is going to be a hero there.Mar 23, 2018, 6:05pm PDT
Yeah BOT is going to lose their collective ****.Mar 23, 2018, 6:06pm PDT
Glad you bring this into the open.
Haven't delved into this since the start of the season (as I joined Skynet) and before I wasn't really playing.
So, happy to finally being able / "allowed" to have a closer look at this.Mar 23, 2018, 6:10pm PDT
It's too late I OD'ed , although I have no idea what to do with the data yetMar 23, 2018, 6:13pm PDT
This is phenomenal... @akvalley dropping bombs of useful data AGAIN... many thanks!Mar 23, 2018, 6:21pm PDT
This is going to be an awesome data source. Thanks for doing this.
One weird little anomaly I see from this page
is that it seems like a small amount of ticket sales for a given show are shown as being sold on the day AFTER the show or later. In one case, I see a Black Panther ticket was shown as being sold 3 days after the show it was for (3/23 sale of a ticket for a 3/20 show). It's probably meaningless overall due to the small numbers involved, but I just found it a little odd.Mar 23, 2018, 6:36pm PDT
I'd say anomalies like that pop up a few times a night. I suspect it's a data correction each day and they just don't care about day entered. But that's pure speculation. It's never shown up as a massive anomaly or made the numbers any less reliable.Mar 23, 2018, 6:43pm PDT
@akvalley Thank you so much for this!!Mar 23, 2018, 7:01pm PDT
I wonder if this is going to break BSW.Mar 23, 2018, 7:11pm PDT